News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

CD Projekt Red loses 29% in stock value during Cyberpunk 2077 launch

Started by Redaktion, December 11, 2020, 20:36:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Despite an overall strong launch of the highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red has lost almost a third of its stock price over the past week. While Cyberpunk 2077 has largely been a financial and critical success, concerns about the game's bugs and glitches have contributed to a 29% erosion of the company's market value.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/CD-Projekt-Red-loses-29-in-stock-value-during-Cyberpunk-2077-launch.509079.0.html

ddssavfaX

Why they bothered with ps4 and xbox one...a 7700k which is a much stronger cpu than the jaguar 8 core garbage in the ps4 is used like 70% with a medium gpu. Also, a gtx950m barely runs the game at 720p and low details...how could it run well on ps4 which was crap from launch? They should have ignored these consoles so all these idiots won't have a reason to complain.

jeremy

@ddssavfaX Most likely required by MSFT and Sony. I don't actually know about Sony, but MSFT does not allow Xbox One X exclusives, so developers are stuck supporting the Xbox One (and One S) as a result. At that point, PS4 isn't too far away.

Why not ditch previous gen consoles altogether? Given the poor availability of HW, probably not feasible.

S.Yu

Not surprising. What surprised me was that a relic in the digital age that began development nearly a decade ago could ask for the latest most advanced graphics to run properly, most likely due to incredibly poor optimization, which means that they won't run properly on hardware released 3-4 years after development began.

t4n0n

Quote from: ddssavfaX on December 11, 2020, 21:37:19
Why they bothered with ps4 and xbox one...They should have ignored these consoles so all these idiots won't have a reason to complain.

Three words: Total Addressable Market.

With respect to the share price, it's a bit of bummer, as I took a position out several weeks ago on the US listing of CDPR, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the market reacting to the rather muted release headlines and the price picks back up over time.

Anonim

Well, I've read the German Notebook check benchmark results. They hope it would run smoothly in Ps4 or xbox one? I just wonder why cd projekt even bother to release it to them. This thing should be exclusive to PC only, or latest console like ps5 or xbox series x

zazik

PS4 and XB1 will still earn them a tones of money. Many people cant afford to upgrade their consoles... Remember e.g. FarCry 4 or GTA V on PS3? It was garbage (graphically/perf). Yet people bought them like crazy and played on old consoles, even though on PS4 it was so much better and looked like a different game... Now with CP it is exactly the same... In 2-3 years no one will remember, as most people will have better consoles by then...

Fede

I took a fairly big position 3 weeks ago, been up 25% until last week and decided not to put a stop loss, I would have never thought it would have been such a disaster.
I think in the short term I will be losing, but quite confident in the medium/long term it will be back up, my goal is +40% from 350 PNL when I bought them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview