News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft expected to launch new Surface Pro 8 and Surface Laptop 4 models in early 2021

Started by Redaktion, December 09, 2020, 16:51:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

No major external design facelifts are planned for these two models, but the spec updates should make for a decent upgrade. The Surface Pro 8 is getting Tiger Lake CPU options, while the Surface Laptop 4 is said to feature Tiger Lake, as well as new custom "Surface Edition" AMD Ryzen 4000 processors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-expected-to-launch-new-Surface-Pro-8-and-Surface-Laptop-4-models-in-early-2021.508694.0.html

ariliquin

Why bother if its just AMD 4000 and not 5000 series? There Surface laptops are such an un interesting product, nothing to make them a compelling choice over rivals. Microsoft should take their hardware more seriously and be more innovative.

Dan Ridenhour

The biggest 'compelling' feature on the Surface Notebook is the 3:2 aspect ratio screen..  not to many notebooks out there with a productivity screen since everyone decided people just watch videos on their computers.   A 15" 3:2 aspect 4750u machine would be pretty interesting too. 

Microsoft needs go get off their arse and support Thunderbolt 3/4 on their Surface Pro 8 too.   Its built into the chip... they have a usb-c gen 2 port already the ONLY reason not to is to preserve their proprietary dock and since that dock only works with their hardware and I dont exclusively buy microsoft... until they support thunderbolt I'm not biting.

Madhurapathi

Microsoft Surface products are worst. Within 3 to 4 years they are failing and you need to thorough it in the dustbin as they donnot support.

Gjeo

MS Surfaces are basically 3:2 screens bonded to unrepairable bodies held with excessive glue. They also don't last. Even when I was checking out the store models, there it was a dead one on display.

Won't be buying unrepairable glue blocks with my money.

thevisi0nary

They are really about to come out swinging with a year old Ryzen generation just as 5000 mobile series is about to be released lol.

I wish Microsoft would get their s*** together and make an actual work horse. Dell XPS is the only option in this space for the premium multi media / creator laptop comparable to a Macbook, and it's a QC lottery. The surface laptops are a great design with such underwhelming hardware.

heffeque

Surface Pro 6 seems to be working just fine here. It's simply the best option for people that need portability. I haven't found anything remotely as versatile and perfect size as the Surface Pro.

Maybe it's the older ones that break?
Maybe my gf has been super-lucky and hers is the only Surface Pro that works as intended and doesn't break?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview