News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 14ARE05 in Review: Compact Powerhouse with Good Battery Life

Started by Redaktion, December 08, 2020, 03:58:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's 14-inch notebook features a powerful Ryzen 7 4700U APU with NVMe SSD and offers decent battery life. Noise and temperature emissions are fairly low for a device this thin.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-Slim-7-14ARE05-in-Review-Compact-Powerhouse-with-Good-Battery-Life.508459.0.html

Mikey

This laptop deserves much higher rating. Acer Swift 3 with the same processor got 87% while being inferior to Yoga slim 7 in many ways (Yoga Slim 7 has better screen, IO, glass touchpad, it HAS card reader, higher screen brightness and colour coverage, RAM speed etc ... and overall the APU performs better). Also, why would you list the reflective display as disadvantage when you can easily get this laptop in the same configuration with the matte display?

paul zargalus

I have this and its got the lenimovo famous  firmware mhz bug which locks throttles cpu to 400mhz when connected to power. Despite many firmware changes and replacements notebookd  all the same lenovo gave up and said get your money back..

Andrei

Thank you for this review. One thing that really confuses me is how it is possible the same screen used here as the 4800u variant can have double the contrast and 26% slower grey to grey response times?!

I know there are panels variations but this surely seems like to much of a difference.

The reasons for not buying a macbook m1 are really getting scarce in my opinion...

Spunjji

Interesting to note that you can put Intel CPUs in the Cinebench charts for AMD-based notebooks, but on the reviews for notebooks with Intel CPUs, the AMD-based competitors never seem to make it to the charts...

yatra

Quote from: Spunjji on December 11, 2020, 17:17:02
Interesting to note that you can put Intel CPUs in the Cinebench charts for AMD-based notebooks, but on the reviews for notebooks with Intel CPUs, the AMD-based competitors never seem to make it to the charts...
I fully agree with this! Quite obvious.

nieidealny.pl

psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Yoga/Yoga_Slim_7_14ARE05?M=82A20008GE
- For Germany (DE)
- 14" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Glossy, Glass, 100% sRGB

psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Yoga/Yoga_Slim_7_14ARE05?M=82A2006XPB
- For Poland (PL)
- 14" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Anti-glare, 100% sRGB

;)

des

I bought this notebook thanks to this review and I found out the first usbc, which lenovo indicates as
1x USB-C (support Power Delivery 3.0 only)
IS NOT A USB3, but rather only working as USB2 for data transfer.
Is this a ugly and horrible joke?
Lenovo support made me regret even thinking about buying from them.
Why this reviews says usb 5gpbs while it is working as USB 2.0??
I also formatted just to make sure and nothing changed!
I am very very mad.

Joann

Thank you so much for the in-depth review. Although is a "yoga" I didn't understand if it's full convertible, so if it can rotate 360, that's importante for me. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview