News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple may be bringing a revolutionary matte black finish to future iPhones and MacBooks

Started by Redaktion, December 06, 2020, 22:24:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A patent has revealed Apple's novel way of reproducing a matte black effect on aluminium, steel and titanium. The anodised coating could be used in multiple applications, including iPhones, MacBooks, iPads and Watches.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-may-be-bringing-a-revolutionary-matte-black-finish-to-future-iPhones-and-MacBooks.508215.0.html

S.Yu

Vantablack is not remotely durable enough as an exterior finish for a consumer device. Black 2.0 is not porous, but it isn't exactly durable either. Even if this is as revolutionary as making a hardened Vantablack, I don't see how it could be cleaned as porous structures naturally adsorb pollutants, and none of these materials will retain their light absorbing properties with a dirty surface.

Ahlix

Ok ngl, that would have actually enticed me quite a lot and swayed me more to the Macbook M1 if they released a finish like that.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview