News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 powered by AMD Renoir Surface Edition shows up on Geekbench with 2x the multi-core performance compared to Picasso, Surface Pro 8 powered by Core i7-1185G7 also seen

Started by Redaktion, December 05, 2020, 09:21:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Geekbench entries pertaining to upcoming Microsoft Surface products have surfaced online. The Surface Laptop 4 is expected to be powered by an AMD Ryzen Renoir custom APU and the scores seem the reflect the improved performance compared to the previous generation. An entry for a likely Surface Pro 8 device powered by the Core i7-1185G7 is also seen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Laptop-4-powered-by-AMD-Renoir-Surface-Edition-shows-up-on-Geekbench-with-2x-the-multi-core-performance-compared-to-Picasso-Surface-Pro-8-powered-by-Core-i7-1185G7-also-seen.507652.0.html

Andras Doka

Yes, but is it support the next gen AV1 video encoding like Tiger Lake? I dont want high cpu utilization while watching Netflix.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Andras Doka on December 05, 2020, 13:28:10
Yes, but is it support the next gen AV1 video encoding like Tiger Lake? I dont want high cpu utilization while watching Netflix.
You mean decode? There's no mainstream GPU with hardware AV1 encode yet.

Daniel Ridenhour

With tigerlake supporting USB4/TB4 what are the chances the Surface Pro 8 will include Thunderbolt for eGPUs / docks.   I use a lot of different hardware and swap different machines onto my TB3 dock often. So its a requirement for anything to make my short list. 

vrvly

Though ryzen 4800U is the best option. What's this censorship about. No devices outside China with it.

Jerry

Microsoft is BS. Seriously don't buy their products. I got a pro x and a pro 7 for a day and have them away. They're awful. Just wasted money.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview