News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro earbuds launched with advanced hybrid ANC, touch controls and 60 ms Bluetooth latency

Started by Redaktion, December 04, 2020, 19:43:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Razer has unveiled a new version a Pro version of its Hammerhead True Wireless earbuds. The Hammerhead True Wireless Pro has a redesigned charging case and silicone ear tips, unlike the original model. The new earbuds support advanced hybrid ANC and 60 ms Bluetooth audio latency, according to Razer. The Hammerhead True Wireless Pro retails for US$199.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Hammerhead-True-Wireless-Pro-earbuds-launched-with-advanced-hybrid-ANC-touch-controls-and-60-ms-Bluetooth-latency.508064.0.html

Dan6

Marketing? 60 ms - isn't it a regular Bluetooth 5 latency in any earbuds? AptX LL has 32 ms, but I think it's not supported in Windows and Razer laptops.

JoeBlack

I wonder it the low latency mode does not work at all like it did not work on previous generation.
Razer audio what a joke.

anon

I was able to get aptX-LL working on a stock Dell XPS 15 once, but only "working" in the sense that once you use the older driver for the Intel 9560 wireless adapter, you WILL have lower latency, but you will also have annoying pops and clicks.

The easier way is to use a little USB bluetooth adapter that supports aptX-LL.

I have only ever seen mentioned once online that you can use a USB type-C to type-A adapter plugged into your Android phone, then plug in your aptX-LL compatible BT adapter, sync your LL-capable BT earbuds, and actually achieve low latency with bluetooth on your phone. While having this big stick sticking out of your phone (hint: use a right-angle USB adapter). And it still makes some clicking noises.

But even easier, and by far my favorite option, is to pick up a pair of wireless gaming headphones (for god's sake, *without* Bluetooth) and plug its USB dongle into your type-C adapter on your phone. Then you have no need to pair, the latency is far lower than even with aptX-LL, and you won't have any annoying clicks.

The hardware I'm talking about is a Reiyin WT-04, Razer's previous hammerhead earbuds (they also hurt in my left ear), Sennheiser's Momentum True Wireless (very good, and yes they support LL but I don't use it) and HyperX Cloud Flight are the headphones (like them a lot).

vrvly

They got useful anc in headphones, not sure about audio, but no ldac or anything better is a big no from me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview