News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano with 16:10 screen goes on sale in the USA

Started by Redaktion, November 30, 2020, 12:26:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Two months after announcement, the compact 16:10 ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 1 is finally orderable in the USA. As usual with Lenovo ThinkPads, pricing is higher than originally announced, as the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano is not discounted yet.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Nano-with-16-10-screen-goes-on-sale-in-the-USA.506738.0.html

jeremy

Shipping estimate: more than 5 weeks. Ah, so "technically" launched in 20Q4.

Either way, I'm somewhat interested since it's a 2048px wide 16:10 13" display. I currently have a 2560px wide 14" display, and it's a bit too much PPI for me. A lot of applications take up a bit more than 1000px horizontally, which makes split-screen on 1920px wide displays a bit more annoying than it should be. 2048px may be cutting it close, but I'm interested, nevertheless.

pierro78

touchscreen version available january 2021 ...

G Michael Leonard

Finally the toy laptop era is gone. I didn't buy it to watch movies on. I bought it as a productivity tool. The only way to get decent real estate on those widescreens was to buy a 15.6" or larger- anything smaller was unusable.
Or buy an Apple.

fatpolomanjr

Quote from: pierro78 on November 30, 2020, 17:17:53
touchscreen version available january 2021 ...
Really wish they offered the carbon-fiber weave on non-touch models. That display cover with 5G would be really nice.

pierro78

Quote from: G Michael Leonard on December 01, 2020, 19:03:03
Finally the toy laptop era is gone. I didn't buy it to watch movies on. I bought it as a productivity tool. The only way to get decent real estate on those widescreens was to buy a 15.6" or larger- anything smaller was unusable.
Or buy an Apple.
I ve just bought a 16:10 panasonic SZ5 laptop (used, 15000y on Zenmarket) ... it s good that they are also doing 3:2 laptops now ... but 4:3 would be better for web-browsing ;) ...

Fazal Majid

Quote from: G Michael Leonard on December 01, 2020, 19:03:03
Or buy an Apple

The Huawei Mate 14 2020 has a 3:2 screen and a Ryzen 4800H. Heavier than the X1 Nano by quite a bit, though, and I still haven't figured out how to get it in US-ANSI keyboard layout.

pierro78

Quote from: Fazal Majid on December 11, 2020, 01:45:05
The Huawei Mate 14
I have the Huawei Matebook 13 and the display is made out of aluminium and glass and it broke when falling from a chair. I think the thinkpad X1 nano might be sturdier (Carbon and plastic ?).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview