News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei is now touted to have liquid-lens technology ready for its next-gen smartphone cameras

Started by Redaktion, November 28, 2020, 17:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei often markets its flagship mobile devices as having cutting-edge camera technology. A new report suggests it has yet another supposedly ground-breaking spec in the works for their successors. This is a liquid lens, an adaptation directed at improved auto-focus in the sensor behind it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-is-now-touted-to-have-liquid-lens-technology-ready-for-its-next-gen-smartphone-cameras.506562.0.html

Amirhossein

Although I am still a fan of huawei, I wish the U.S. sanctiones haven't been imposed on the company. Huawei has got a great potential in pushing the industry forward. To be honest with you guys, I'm from Iran, and as an Iranian I think the sanctions are really unfair.

Kjell Olav Naley

I believe this new lens to be the TLens from the Norwegians factory Polight. This lens has already Bern used in two children s watches by Xiaomi and a New Scan machine by a tier 1 Vendor with greate succes and very good references.
I do believe we see the future Disruptive lens here😊

S.Yu

Quote from: Amirhossein on November 28, 2020, 22:32:18
Although I am still a fan of huawei, I wish the U.S. sanctiones haven't been imposed on the company. Huawei has got a great potential in pushing the industry forward. To be honest with you guys, I'm from Iran, and as an Iranian I think the sanctions are really unfair.
The sanctions simply level the playing field. As a single party authoritarian oligarchy, the Communist regime has infinitely more cards to play to both push its own interests abroad through proxies like Huawei, and prevent foreign powers of promoting their own in China. Their discrimination toward foreign companies was already explicitly or implicitly written into treaties, executive orders and laws across decades under various pretexts, and any further change in the execution can be made impromptu, not by due process(sorely lacking in China anyway) but by "see how it goes", or what's ultimately the so-called "Chinese style dialectics", a form of sophistry that justifies any action or stance of the Chinese authority in general widely regarded as acceptable in China.

S.Yu

Liquid lenses are nothing new, however what prevented widespread use was mainly their longevity. They suffered from leakage and corrosion on a time scale of years, but I suppose the rate of replacement for consumer electronics makes it inevitable that somebody eventually makes the jump first, just like fast charging at obscene speeds at the cost of battery life, and removing the headphone jack in favor of battery powered wireless, especially TWS.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview