News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 5800U mobile APU with Zen3 cores pops up on Geekbench, shows good single-core improvements

Started by Redaktion, November 25, 2020, 17:11:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Zen3 cores from the upcoming Ryzen 5000 mobile APUs seem to be more proficient at single-core tasks, as the Ryzen 7 5800U shows 20% higher single-core scores compared to the Ryzen 7 5700U model that integrates Zen2 cores. However, the Zen3 cores do not offer any significant benefits in multi-core tests, with only 2.6% performance uplift.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-5800U-mobile-APU-with-Zen3-cores-pops-up-on-Geekbench-shows-good-single-core-improvements.506022.0.html

xpclient

vertigo

This is strange. If single-core performance is improved, that should automatically translate to multi-core performance, i.e. if each core is 20% faster, logically it would follow that the whole CPU with all cores working would be 20% faster as well. Otherwise, it means it can't maintain that increase with all cores running, which hints at the improvements being due to clock speed vs IPC. IOW, these results seem to indicate the performance improvements are due not to improved architecture, but rather higher clock speed, specifically higher boost speed.

Quote from: xpclient on November 26, 2020, 06:46:07
No Thunderbolt=No AMD. When will they take it seriously? I need it for 10 GbE networking.

I believe this should be available via USB 4, which should be on AMD systems next year.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview