News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Budget Dell Inspiron 15 5505 with the latest AMD Ryzen 5 4500U CPU, 256 GB NVMe SSD, and 1080p display is now down to $490 USD

Started by Redaktion, November 25, 2020, 04:36:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Down from its original launch price of $630 USD, the Inspiron 15 5505 is our next Holiday highlight sale because of its fast processor performance relative to the low asking price. This is Dell's latest budget laptop that should easily outperform any other in its sub $500 range.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Budget-Dell-Inspiron-15-5505-with-the-latest-AMD-Ryzen-5-4500U-CPU-256-GB-NVMe-SSD-and-1080p-display-is-now-down-to-490-USD.505959.0.html

expresspotato

So a faster CPU that's way better in terms of performance per watt that beats out their XPS line costing 2-3x more?

I think this call for an AMD XPS.

Samaksh

I wonder why the battery capacity [in Watt-hour (Wh)] is never mentioned explicitly in the General specs, just like this post..
A statement like 4-5 hr battery life is always a vague measure depending on the type of usage.
I think battery life is the first thing most users regret after buying one of those 45 Whr laptops because they didn't specifically look for the battery capacity while buying.. 

LHPSU

Quote from: Samaksh on November 25, 2020, 13:08:07
I wonder why the battery capacity [in Watt-hour (Wh)] is never mentioned explicitly in the General specs, just like this post..
A statement like 4-5 hr battery life is always a vague measure depending on the type of usage.
I think battery life is the first thing most users regret after buying one of those 45 Whr laptops because they didn't specifically look for the battery capacity while buying..
I mean if you just scrolled down the configurations or Ctrl-F for battery you'll find it specified as 53 Whr.

Plus battery life is a combination of specs and battery size. Some laptops can get 8 hours out of 45 Whr, others 4 or less.

Robert

I have this notebook, and 5 hours is pretty heavy use, not editing, but installing a few things, testing things and so on. Just watching youtube is 8-10 hours.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview