News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

16-core Ryzen 9 5950X overclocked to 4.7 GHz on all cores @1.12V outperforms 32-core Threadripper 2990WX in Cinebench R23

Started by Redaktion, November 24, 2020, 14:59:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Instead of using the potentially more harmful method involving raised voltages, the latest Ryzen 5000 desktop CPUs make it easier for users to obtain impressive overclocking results through undervolting. This way, users do not need sophisticated cooling solutions, and can just utilize regular AIOs. However, there is greater variance between samples, as well, so it all is more dependent on the luck of the draw.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/16-core-Ryzen-9-5950X-overclocked-to-4-7-GHz-on-all-cores-1-12V-outperforms-32-core-Threadripper-2990WX-in-Cinebench-R23.505662.0.html

_MT_

One has to be careful with the 2990WX. Because of its topology. I'm not sure whether Microsoft ever fixed their scheduler to properly utilize that processor. Linux was much more successful at dealing with that unusual setup. It can make a grabbing headline, but what are you actually trying to say? 2990WX was certainly not for everybody. Not only because of the price. Especially on Windows. Its performance pretty heavily depended on circumstances. Now, the 3970X is a sweetheart. That I/O die was a wonderful surprise. It was like second Christmas.

expresspotato

Absolutely incredible, OEM's need to be pushing these into their computers.

I'm honestly in shock Dell / HP / Lenovo haven't flat out given up on Intel.

Felippe

Right, but is stable?
You can use 24/7 and render all the time videos?
Could be faster, but maybe isn't reliable.

CHOPPERGIRL

Nobody cares because nobody's buying a $700 CPU in a Great Depression...

You'd be a fool to waste your money like that.  You can't make money creating content, Youtube is already full of it...   and nobody's making anything on it but Comcast and the big music companies...

John Meier

Quote from: CHOPPERGIRL on November 26, 2020, 09:13:25

You'd be a fool to waste your money like that.  You can't make money creating content, Youtube is already full of it...   and nobody's making anything on it but Comcast and the big music companies...

Strong generalization there...
You sound broke & jealous

Sisyfos

Quote from: CHOPPERGIRL on November 26, 2020, 09:13:25

I was thinking between the 5900X and the 5950X, but eventually some client requests on the data analysis sphere directed me towards the 5950X. One small gig pays for the CPU easily 10x. Granted many of the jobs can be done with cheaper CPUs also and even on laptops, but occasionally there are those cases that cannot be done without powerful desktop computers and being able to do them in time also, just creates this situation where customers have little need to ask for anyone else.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview