News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eluktronics is introducing the world's first gaming laptops with 1440p@165 Hz displays

Started by Redaktion, November 23, 2020, 15:14:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

1440p could soon become the standard resolution for gaming laptops and Eluktronics is already offering a few models integrating the new 1440p@165 Hz from BOE. These are only $50 more expensive to produce than the usual 1080p and offer 78% more screen real estate with low latency and good color gamut. As downsides, most notable are the requirement for powerful mobile GPUs like the Nvidia RTX 2070 and the sub-par scaling for lower resolutions.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eluktronics-is-introducing-the-world-s-first-gaming-laptops-with-1440p-165-Hz-displays.505632.0.html

S.Yu

>only $50 more expensive to produce than the 1080p variants
$50 in material cost sounds like a lot, translating to upgrade cost on the consumer end it should be more like $200-300.

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: S.Yu on November 23, 2020, 16:25:28
>only $50 more expensive to produce than the 1080p variants
$50 in material cost sounds like a lot, translating to upgrade cost on the consumer end it should be more like $200-300.
Yes, the non-QHD Max-15 is $200 less expensive than the QHD version, for example. However, the relatively low production costs are now more manageable for laptop OEMs, and may incentivise them to add more 1440p options.

Spunjji

This is a great development. I've been really frustrated by how laptop displays have seemingly been stuck with several unsatisfactory options - either you get high resolution or high refresh rate, unless you're willing to part with an arm and a leg and your firstborn child - so I'm glad to finally see some better offerings.

I look forward to one of these displays getting a thorough test here so that we can be sure there won't be any nasty surprises! :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview