News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD to offer an open, cross-platform implementation of DLSS-esque super-sampling, will work with Intel and NVIDIA for high-quality visuals across PC and console

Started by Redaktion, November 21, 2020, 21:25:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD's Scott Herkelman hinted that the company is working to offer an open implementation of super-sampling in partnership with Intel and NVIDIA that works across PCs and consoles unlike NVIDIA's proprietary DLSS. He also said that ray tracing performance of current Radeon RX 6000 cards will improve with time. Further, Frank Azor added that AMD will look into the possibility of enabling Smart Memory Access with non-500-series chipsets as well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-to-offer-an-open-cross-platform-implementation-of-DLSS-esque-super-sampling-will-work-with-Intel-and-NVIDIA-for-high-quality-visuals-across-PC-and-console.503343.0.html

Spunjji

Hmmm... I'm reading between the lines and getting the following:

An AMD equivalent to DLSS isn't close. That's a mild disappointment (I'm not enthused with the technology but a lot of people are keen on it).

Smart Access Memory should easily be possible on B550 but they're sandbagging to keep people focused on the high-end. So it goes, I can wait 😏

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview