News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 hunters can tackle scalpers and bots with the help of the updated OctoShop PS5 stock tracker Chrome extension

Started by Redaktion, November 14, 2020, 21:29:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The PlayStation 5 is one of the world's hottest products at the moment, which means many gamers will have been struggling to make a purchase due to the undesirable actions of scalpers and bots. However, a simple Chrome extension called OctoShop has recently been updated to help in the quest for securing a brand-new PS5 console.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-hunters-can-tackle-scalpers-and-bots-with-the-help-of-the-updated-OctoShop-PS5-stock-tracker-Chrome-extension.504152.0.html

Josj

I have used these notification apps for 3080 launch and they are absolutely useless

Yes you do get alerts but the Bots go through the checkout process faster than any human can

The bots also check stock and automate the entire checkout process .. they are mostly doing web crawling while working with the api to send requests

In theory it should be easy to spot but companies don't invest to protect against this since they make money regardless

And even retailers such as neweggg or Walmart crash and give errors when a drop happens.. making literally impossible to buy one normally

Garret

Just don't buy from scalpers and they will be stuck with their $10K+ stock. The stores will get more systems and the scalpers will stop if nobody is buying from them.

Davidg

They need to stop allowing this to happen and put these ppl out of business. It wouldn't be hard for them to put a stop to most of it. Retailers will still make there money but they need to make it fair for the ppl who actually want the ps5 for themselves. And not the ones buying 50 or whatever at a time.  Exactly Garret dont buy from those ppl. Wait if you cant get one. There will be more soon enough

Daniel Wise

This is Sonys and Microsofts fault. They won't sell them in stores as all things have been since commerce began. Then they tell us they don't any more units yet they sell them to other countries,,,and I like most of you have had one in my cart only to have it removed when trying to pay for it. If we have made it to the stage where a product is in your cart to be paid for, that product gets removed from available product so how can it then vanish into someone else's...launch? There was never a launch. Only more marketing for Sony and Microsoft!

Alberto Hernandez

They should add a captcha and or thing so ppl can stop botting these items and make it available for one per costumer per account. Even this chat room has a robot checker. Fucking frustrating that just cuz they got good computer with scripts they can auto buy things and making it unavailable for everyone else.

Temitrik S Bennett

You see this is why I'm upset they say one per customer but yet they can't even keep track of the selling.  And im tired of these guys on eBay being sharks and selling them at those ridiculous prices, EVERYBODY do not buy from eBay let them get stuck with all thise shits..

ERASERGIB

I wanted to buy my husband a PS5 for Christmas. He's served two tours in the Army. He is so selfless taking care of myself and my 80 year old mother but because of people like you there won't be one under our tree. Shame on you!
I pray God makes you think about what you took from others.

Sincerely,
Praying Mother-Grandma

Gina

Ebay should be held somewhat accountable. This is bullshit.
Sony and microsoft should track those serial numbers, find how they were purchased (like on ebay) and go after the extra profit . After all it's sort of like stealing from the manufacturer.

Nick Vokey

The problem isn't with Sony or the scalpers, it's the people that are willing to pay $1500+ for the system. I personally don't see what the big rush is, it's not like there are awesome next Gen exclusives out.

gor

Yeah, I decided to skip this generation of playstation because of all this bullshit Sony allowed to happen. Not going to play these games with scalpers. Will just get a nice PC instead.

Vince

I was going to say how is this any different from using now in stock or a page refresher. Even those were useless since by the time the alerts came in and even if you instantly went to the site it was already to late.

Quote from: Josj on November 15, 2020, 06:57:00
I have used these notification apps for 3080 launch and they are absolutely useless

Yes you do get alerts but the Bots go through the checkout process faster than any human can

The bots also check stock and automate the entire checkout process .. they are mostly doing web crawling while working with the api to send requests

In theory it should be easy to spot but companies don't invest to protect against this since they make money regardless

And even retailers such as neweggg or Walmart crash and give errors when a drop happens.. making literally impossible to buy one normally

Patricia Robert

They let's all the rich  get it my grandson so down been since the virus I really been trying to get him one but since I don't have the money like the rich people I'm out luck wad going paid the 599 .00 for it but I'm not on the vIp list

Vince

I would say this is a Sony problem. To bad it's pretty obvious they care very little to actually do anything about it despite how easily it could have been done to handle this.this entire stock of 2 million units should have just became one giant lottery where the oldest psn accounts got first dibs to secure 1 unit of their choice and it should have been done months ago. Wait a week and anyone who didnt claim them move on to the next year of psn accounts offering one until all are sold out and they tell us we have no more until 2021. At least it prevented this chaos and the crazy amount of scalpers. I'm fine with not getting one, I'm not fine with the false hope of possibly getting one if I sit at my computer all day tracking down who is releasing when, and still not get one. Oh well, if Sony believes this was the best they can do then guess I'm waiting months till I get one.

Nayyar Rashid

It is unfortunate. There should be measures against this. Sony or Microsoft should do something concrete about this. I had saved up but someone I knew they have bought a bunch of units but selling it 1k so I decided against buying it. Say No hard to scalpers and they will learn the lesson... These people are so selfish and without a shame.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview