News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, beware: New AMD Radeon RX 6800 benchmarks leak online

Started by Redaktion, November 14, 2020, 12:44:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Shortly after the RX 6800 XT surfaced in some leaked benchmarks, the upcoming AMD Radeon RX 6800 does the same. According to a Basemark listing (that seems to have been removed in the meantime), the RX 6800 will feature no less than 16 GB of memory and will be much faster than the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3070-beware-New-AMD-Radeon-RX-6800-benchmarks-leak-online.503991.0.html

Valantar

"According to a Basemark listing [...] the RX 6800 will feature no less than 16 GB of memory"

You know that the full specs of the RX 6800 have been public for a while now, right?

Also, it beating the 3070 is hardly surprising given AMD's $80 price premium over that GPU.

Codrut Nistor

Full specs are sometimes subject to change on release. I wouldn't be amazed to see lower-priced 8 GB versions of the RX 6800. You think that's not possible???

Billy R

Quote from: Valantar on November 14, 2020, 16:57:12
"According to a Basemark listing [...] the RX 6800 will feature no less than 16 GB of memory"

You know that the full specs of the RX 6800 have been public for a while now, right?

Also, it beating the 3070 is hardly surprising given AMD's $80 price premium over that GPU.

Oh, really? this 3070 sounds great, I'd love to purchase it for this alleged $80 less price point, please provide a link where I can buy it for MSRP.

What's that? You can't? Oh so it's not an 80$ price premium because the cheapest 3070 you can buy is hundreds of dollars more than the MSRP of the 6800. So considering real world use case (the world we actually live in,) if the 6800 is readily available, it's the the clear winner by a country mile.

Lucas McNea

No retailers even have 6800 yet and its 3 days away.....they will be super shorted...no availability. I'm getting one just to re-sell, smart business decision sorry I didnt make the market.

Kino

Quote from: Billy R on November 15, 2020, 22:21:44
Quote from: Valantar on November 14, 2020, 16:57:12

Oh, really? this 3070 sounds great, I'd love to purchase it for this alleged $80 less price point, please provide a link where I can buy it for MSRP.

What's that? You can't? Oh so it's not an 80$ price premium because the cheapest 3070 you can buy is hundreds of dollars more than the MSRP of the 6800. So considering real world use case (the world we actually live in,) if the 6800 is readily available, it's the the clear winner by a country mile.

Word from major vendors so far is Big Navi GPUs are going to be suffering the same shortage and scalping hasn't even begun on them...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview