News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X in iMac Pro produces spectacular single-core scores on Geekbench that seem too good to be true

Started by Redaktion, November 13, 2020, 17:45:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The top single-core score chart for Geekbench 5 is currently headed by a couple of entries that were purportedly produced by a potent combination of an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X and Apple iMac Pro. While the results are breathtaking, the information raises a red flag in regard to how accurate these particular Geekbench listings are.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X-in-iMac-Pro-produces-spectacular-single-core-scores-on-Geekbench-that-seem-too-good-to-be-true.504061.0.html

L

Buying an iMac or any PC from Apple when they are transiting from x86 to arm is a risk at best as we don't know how long it will be supported in terms of the OS and software. Either wait for the new models or choose another manufacturer.

TechnoTurnip

You need to do your research: this is definitively an AMD hackintosh (evidenced by Acidanthera Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 iMacPro1,1 in its geekbench system ID), and the figures are both plausible and consistent with the rest of the 5xxx CPUs - in fact, and as one would expect, the 5900 outpaces the 5950 on single-core scores, due to it's higher base clock. I run a 3900X-based hackintosh and produce similar looking (albeit lower) Geekbench scores.

Gustavo

That's just a Hackintosh, like the one I've had for at least 8 years now, running on a regular PC desktop with an old Core i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz and 32 GB of RAM. All my Geekbench scores show up as Mac Mini, and I've never seen one with that configuration.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview