News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Playstation 5 eBay listings have ballooned out of control with scalpers

Started by Redaktion, November 12, 2020, 18:39:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Scalpers are already making bank on the PS5 launch with successful listings ending at around $1000 USD or two times the retail price of the actual console. The system will likely remain out of reach for most users throughout the rest of the year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Playstation-5-eBay-listings-have-ballooned-out-of-control-with-scalpers.503945.0.html

Klatu

"Price gouging" is already illegal for essential products and other items in many states of the US. Time to extend the law to include this type of egregious launch day scalping or this will never end. No console is worth double or triple retail anyway. They simply arent worth that much, especially when there will be plenty more in the pipeline. My advice, wait one year. They will be more available, all the bugs will be worked out, far more games available and optimized, and maybe even a slim version by then.

DougJudy

Quote from: Klatu on November 12, 2020, 22:34:16
"Price gouging" is already illegal for essential products and other items in many states of the US. Time to extend the law to include this type of egregious launch day scalping or this will never end. No console is worth double or triple retail anyway. They simply arent worth that much, especially when there will be plenty more in the pipeline. My advice, wait one year. They will be more available, all the bugs will be worked out, far more games available and optimized, and maybe even a slim version by then.

Blame whoever is dumb enough to buy them at those prices. It's not food or water, no one needs a ps5.

It's also on the stores to start giving a crap and implementing proper verification on this hot items. I understand they don't want to make purchases take an extra 1 or 2 steps, but for hot items like this they really should and customers will appreciate it. It doesn't need to be all on the government, like i said in the beggining, it's not food or water

JACK870

Don't be fooled, the fact is SONY needs to sale more PS5 console to push PS5 games sales.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview