News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 & L13 Yoga Gen 2 combine Intel Tiger Lake with business-design

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2020, 18:59:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Without any formal announcement, Lenovo releases two new ThinkPad laptops onto the market: The ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 and the convertible brother ThinkPad L13 Yoga Gen 2 are the first business models with Intel Tiger Lake. At the same time, they also are the first L series ThinkPad with Thunderbolt 4.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-L13-Gen-2-L13-Yoga-Gen-2-combine-Intel-Tiger-Lake-with-business-design.503800.0.html

vertigo

I was excited about this--finally a Thinkpad 2-in-1 with a current CPU--but only 16GB RAM max, previous gen was extremely hot, and small battery with resultant mediocre battery life. I'd really prefer a 2-in-1, but I was strongly considering the T14, and it looks like this isn't really a good alternative, with too many drawbacks just for the convertible design.

Mothertrucker19

Unfortunately the small battery is a resoult of the positioning of the device.
Now it has Thunderbolt, also better HDMI and Displayport than the current X  series Yoga, so this is how they can position it lower.
I laso really want to see a X13 or L13 Yoga with AMD.

vertigo

Yeah, it's just a shame that's how they chose to do it. Battery is one of the most important aspects of a laptop, and the insistence of manufacturers to  handicap otherwise good or at least decent laptops by cutting corners there is sad, especially considering the cost difference in adding a 10Wh larger batter would likely be negligible. They're already cutting costs by making the chassis larger (which, ironically, means it should be easier to fit a larger battery), heavier, and less sturdy, as well as using cheaper displays. It's annoying they feel the need to go after the battery as well.

And it's not just cost cutting. Lenovo, like Dell, uses smaller batteries in their convertible models even within the same tier. HP manages to still put a respectable battery in their 2-in-1s, so not sure why others can't/won't.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview