News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD launches Ryzen Embedded V2000 low-TDP processors with Zen 2 cores and improved Radeon Vega iGPUs

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2020, 16:19:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After revealing a stellar Zen 3 lineup, AMD is now looking to strengthen its position in the low-TDP embedded market with the new Ryzen Embedded V2000 processors featuring up to 8 Zen 2 cores and improved Vega IGPUs. Team Red prepared two 10 W models to take on Intel's ULV Comet Lake processors, plus two more 35 W models that appear to beat the i7-9750H models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-launches-Ryzen-Embedded-V2000-low-TDP-processors-with-Zen-2-cores-and-improved-Radeon-Vega-iGPUs.503554.0.html

expresspotato

I'm glad to see AMD reaching TDP and performance targets for their chips given the heat Apple just placed on the laptop industry... Intel's path for the past 5 years has been to produce chips that just crank up the voltage to reach their performance goals...

AMD has seen impressive gains in all relevant departments: transistor size, performance per watt, instructions per clock and overall chip design.

Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, etc are all just shooting them selves in the foot by sticking with Intel's hot power hungry chips for their laptops.

What happens when Apple's refresh and the M2? I hear it's M1 is already 2x as fast as it's Intel counterpart at 2x less power... What happens when it's 3x?

usnam

Some are moving to AMD, some aren't. HP is seemingly betting big on AMD, since you can get a bunch of Elitebooks, Omens, and stuff with AMD CPUs. Dell and Lenovo are mostly sticking with Intel, except for a few rare SKUs. Acer is the worst one since they haven't done anything with AMD, and are seemingly betting that Intel will come back up, which looks less and less likely.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview