News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Final nail in the coffin: Bar-raising AMD Ryzen 9 5950X somehow lags behind four Intel parts including the Core i9-10900K in average bench on UserBenchmark despite higher 1-core and 4-core scores

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2020, 18:22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen 9 5950X has been impressing many with its various appearances on synthetic benchmarks. However, it is the Intel Core i9-10900K that tops the average bench charts over at UserBenchmark, while the powerful Zen 3 Vermeer CPU has to languish behind in fifth position, regardless of higher core scores across the board. Is this the final nail in the coffin for the controversial benchmark?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Final-nail-in-the-coffin-Bar-raising-AMD-Ryzen-9-5950X-somehow-lags-behind-four-Intel-parts-including-the-Core-i9-10900K-in-average-bench-on-UserBenchmark-despite-higher-1-core-and-4-core-scores.503581.0.html

Rinnn

UserBenchmark is a joke of a site for quite awhile and is usually heavily criticized both by fans and tech Youtubers for its Intel bias. I have seen core i3 cpus scoring higher than Ryzen 7 on that site as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Intel actually owns Userbenchmark.

Dfju

That is why no serious computing enthusiast takes UserBenchmark seriously. It was, is and will be a joke. Basically Intel>AMD if you follow their UselessBenchmark scheme.

rmt.putty

Fall of UserBenchmark.com? Four Intel i9 CPUs outperform AMD Ryzen 9 5950X!

VEGGIM

Quote from: Rinnn on November 10, 2020, 18:46:32
UserBenchmark is a joke of a site for quite awhile and is usually heavily criticized both by fans and tech Youtubers for its Intel bias. I have seen core i3 cpus scoring higher than Ryzen 7 on that site as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Intel actually owns Userbenchmark.
I doubt that would be the case. It's banned from the r/intel subreddit as well. I dont think something that heavily promotes intel, would be banned from the r/intel subreddit. it doesn't make sense.

RightPerspective

Nobody cares about their benchmarks anymore. Perhaps a few fanboys might still like them but they have lost all credibility. The truth is that AMD now is way ahead of Intel in terms of IPC, the single parameter that matters the most. In the past latency was an issue with the MCM design of Zen but with Zen 3 that has been improved so much that the gap has become negligible.

bob_

QuoteNobody cares about their benchmarks anymore.

People who are shopping for CPU's will still look at this travesty of a website sadly, as it still pops up at the top of Google results.

TheMan

One way to make sense of this is to wonder if their rankings are based on clock speeds as the principal measure of single thread performance? So pathetic...

Mikita

Pseudo-benchmark, which always screwed the result in favour of their favourite brands. Confusing people, even today, doing more harm than anything else. They could somehow explain their weird results by not properly weighting the multicore, but when AMD's singlecore is stronger and still "looses" to Intel.. Well, they just prove their reputation. I just use Cinebench 15/20 to compare the cpus I have/had.

Michael Nager

I would commend the author and the readers of the article to look at the the article I contributed to the AMD Red Team Forum:

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post the link to the article, but you can find it if you go to the AMD Red Team forum and search for:

QuoteUpdating my definitive guide to configuring the Ryzen 3900X/3950X and all other 3000 Series CPUs

The article is a detailed guide on how to configure and not overclock a 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs (aka 3000 Series) and by extension the new 4th Gen Ryzen CPUs

Over the past almost one and a half years, the Tech Media and nearly all of the Tech YouTube sites (with some notable exceptions such as Gamers Nexus, Level 1 Tech, Buildzoid, Der8auer etc. who conduct extreme overclocking with LN2) have been either too stupid, too lazy or too corrupt to learn how to properly configure Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen CPUs.

For example I have seen a CineBench R20 Benchmark score for the 5950X of 10,150. The reviewer seemed impressed by this score.

Configuring the 3950X correctly I manage to achieve (staying within spec and not overclocking - whereby running Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen Ryzen at "Stock" is running outside of spec) a CineBench R20 score of 10,250.

So it is not really impressive when the "Experts" manage to get a score which is 100 less than that of the previous generation.

Brandon

I've seen 100+ benchmarks.   Time and time again the new AMD chip kills the the 10th gen Intel chips.  Show me real world numbers, benchmarks or the like and ill believe the rhetoric, until then quit crying!

[email protected]

Such a misleading article ...

Thank you Notebookcheck for sharing this, and by only publishing the results of one heavily biased benchmark.

This helps me to take this platform less serious.

rar

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview