News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nemeio: Customisable keyboard with ePaper keys hits Kickstarter

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2020, 13:49:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Nemeio keyboard is highly customisable, thanks to its ePaper display. The 81-key keyboard supports Windows, Mac, iOS and Android, while it can also operate in multiple languages and configurations. The Nemeio will not ship until September 2021, but it has received over 200% over its funding goal.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nemeio-Customisable-keyboard-with-ePaper-keys-hits-Kickstarter.503507.0.html

yuio

The same staggered layout as typewriters from before 1900...
No big company has the courage to make ortholinear keyboards the standard and upgrade this, in my opinion, broken layout.
An ortholinear and split keyboard with eink caps is something I'd buy.

vertigo

This is a really neat idea, but it'll only be good if the actual keyboard is good. After all, a keyboard is first and foremost about typing, and if the keys aren't good (poor size/spacing, mushy, loud, poor travel, etc), then it's just a novelty. Also, I'm guessing there's no backlighting, which has become very common these days, so not having it has become even more of a non-starter for many than it was several years ago. And, of course, I'd love at least the option of a Trackpoint.

This also seems to provide a fairly limited and expensive solution. I'd imagine the vast majority of people are going to set it to be how the typical keyboard in their region is and then leave it that way. They could instead just buy a keyboard that already has that layout and save $100+. Clearly it has plenty of interest, though, and it'll be interesting to see what comes of it, not just with this keyboard but possibly with it leading to innovation in others.

Also, what happens when the battery dies? Does it reset and forget how the user customized it?

NW

This looks awful imo. The angle on which you look at the keyboard might be hindering some user since the e-ink display is below the button's surface.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview