News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X spotted running on an ASRock A320 mobo: "Fine wine" A320M and X370 boards could support Ryzen 5000 despite AMD's claims to the contrary

Started by Redaktion, November 07, 2020, 13:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Chiphell forum user showcased the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X running on an older, entry-level A320 motherboard from ASRock. This indicates that some motherboard manufacturers may plan on supporting the Ryzen 5000 series on entry-level AM4+ boards, despite AMD's claims to the contrary.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X-spotted-running-on-an-ASRock-A320-mobo-Fine-wine-A320M-and-X370-boards-could-support-Ryzen-5000-despite-AMD-s-claims-to-the-contrary.502795.0.html

Aarav

Nice article.
Hey, how come no one at Notebookcheck posted any articles  on the launch on Micromax IN Note 1 & IN 1b ? not even any of the Indian technical writers..

uBert

The article speaks of the boards supporting five generations of ryzen processors, but there are only four generations so far!

The desktop parts jumped from 3000 to 4000 to sync up the numbering with the mobile parts.

qbvt

I've been hoping for news like this. I can't read chinese (assuming it's indeed a chinese forum),  but I'd be super interested to know more.
Hopefully we'll have something flashable in the coming months !

If there is a place to follow this kind of stuff, I'd love to hear about it :)

uwuser

to ubert, note that ryzen 4000 series APU is oem only.
it is also not a good idea to do this with a320 boards, so although i myself have the exact board i would not do the same thing this guy did (modded bios to support new SKU), as insofar the guy "went through" a 5600x and 4750g (ouch), due to the boards poor vrm probably cannot keep up the tight voltage requirements or is not fine tuned and so fried the CPU.
Just install 3100 or 3300x which is officially supported, absolutely no sense to keep using a320 (or a lot of b350 board for that matter), for 300+ CPUs.
memory requirement to get the most out of 5000 series is currently being tested too. would only do this with decent x370 + well tested bios mod. but if you can afford x370 whether you would do this is another matter...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview