News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony's XH90 TVs cannot game at true 4K and 120 Hz

Started by Redaktion, November 06, 2020, 18:52:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony bills its XH90 range of TVs as being next-gen ready, thanks to their support for 4K and 120 Hz gaming. However, multiple reports have demonstrated that the TVs do not support high refresh rate gaming at 4K natively.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-s-XH90-TVs-cannot-game-at-true-4K-and-120-Hz.502594.0.html

xxsoul

xxsoulie

As if you had this TV lmao, you're playing on a 60Hz 20" lcd monitor, stop lying...

B

I'm currently awaiting for my tv to arrive. Looks like I'll be bringing it back

ratcatcher

Why is everyone losing their sh*t over this? :o You're getting 4K 120hz with zero chance of *screen burn*. I moved from an LG E6V to a Sony XH950 and I don't regret it for a second (despite my TV only supporting 4k 60hz). The picture is bright, colourful and trashes the OLED is almost every scenario.

Johnlocke815

Fine by me. 4k at 120 fps isn't gonna be a thing for a long time, if ever. All games ps5 and xbox are announcing are 4k 60 fps at most.

So even if the TV could do 4k 120 fps, you won't be using it anyway.

Tomasso

Actually this can be a material for litigations - this is a purposeful making false claims on Sony side advertisimg this tv as 4k/120 when knowing their hardware is not capable of achieving that - they sold many many tvs making people believe this is a 4k/120 tv with hdmi 2.1 features

RnadomSutff

Quote from: ratcatcher on November 07, 2020, 11:24:05
Why is everyone losing their sh*t over this? :o You're getting 4K 120hz with zero chance of *screen burn*. I moved from an LG E6V to a Sony XH950 and I don't regret it for a second (despite my TV only supporting 4k 60hz). The picture is bright, colourful and trashes the OLED is almost every scenario.

Well, your tv is 60hz and has great picture quality. The xh90 has worse picture quality (check reviews), but supposedly 120hz 4k. If you use that, you have blurring, which means it is not really 120hz because it loses quality. So you end up having worse picture quality than the xh95 AND you cannot use one of its selling points as "gaming tv". How wouldnt you complain about that?!?

Now Im always choosing the xh95 over the xh90 which was not so obvious before I saw this. I think its a no brainer...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview