News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Pro 8 engineering sample powered by Tiger Lake Core i7-1165G7 is up for sale on eBay, chassis unchanged from Surface Pro 7

Started by Redaktion, November 01, 2020, 19:55:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An engineering sample of the upcoming Microsoft Surface Pro 8 has been put up for sale on eBay with bids starting from US$1,300. According to the seller's description, the Surface Pro 8 is powered by an Intel Tiger Lake Core i7-1165G7 CPU, 32 GB RAM, and a 1 TB SSD. Though still a prototype, this listing indicates that the Surface Pro 8 will sport the same chassis as the Surface Pro 7 with no design changes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Pro-8-engineering-sample-powered-by-Tiger-Lake-Core-i7-1165G7-is-up-for-sale-on-eBay-chassis-unchanged-from-Surface-Pro-7.501480.0.html

S.Yu

...What on earth would be the point of buying an engineering sample of a mediocre internal upgrade of an uninspiring line of bland tablets?

Daniel Ridenhour

It wouldn't be all gee wiz newness but the two but the biggest shortcoming of the Surface line for me is no thunderbolt 3.   Put TB3 or TB4 on it and I'll buy one without any other changes... because then I can use it interchangeably with my other computers that all use a TB3 eGPU / dock. 

Now updating to 11th gen is a no brainer and they could even squeeze a 13" screen into that chassis unchanged with thinner bezels. 

So those three things seem doable to me.   But will they... they so love their proprietary dock and lack of egpu support.

Silverhawk

Quote from: S.Yu on November 02, 2020, 00:17:56
...What on earth would be the point of buying an engineering sample of a mediocre internal upgrade of an uninspiring line of bland tablets?

Mediocre internal update? Gfx performance 2x improve. Single thread highest performance ever. What do you want to see inside the internal? A rtx3090 gfx?

heffeque

Quote from: Silverhawk on November 02, 2020, 04:54:05

Mediocre internal update? Gfx performance 2x improve. Single thread highest performance ever. What do you want to see inside the internal? A rtx3090 gfx?
An AMD 6800U with Zen4 and RNDA2.

S.Yu

Quote from: Silverhawk on November 02, 2020, 04:54:05

lmao it's run of the mill Intel, moreover the SP line has a bad reputation regarding their heat management, you stand a better chance getting more out of the same chip in an XPS 13 2N1.

quynhchi179

https://linhkienlaptop.net/  pin laptop, Pin Dell, Pin Asus, Pin Hp, Pin lenovo, Pin acer, ban phim laptop, ban phim Dell, ban phim Asus, ban phim Hp, ban phim lenovo, ban phim acer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview