News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X ends Intel's hegemony in single-thread perf; 10% faster than Core i9-10900K and 23% faster than Ryzen 9 3900X

Started by Redaktion, November 01, 2020, 18:50:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

CPU-Z scores of the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X are now available, and they show good leads over the Core i9-10900K in single-threaded workloads while also showing significant leads over the Core i7-10700K and Ryzen 9 3900X. From the available information, it looks like the Ryzen 5 5600X is also adept at multi-core tasks as well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X-ends-Intel-s-hegemony-in-single-thread-perf-10-faster-than-Core-i9-10900K-and-23-faster-than-Ryzen-9-3900X.501463.0.html

Execrable

but Intel's 11th gen is not out yet, you can compare intel's current gen to AMD's next gen. You can only take the crown when both CPUs are out and you still win. Just like Nvidia couldn't take the crown when their GPUs released

PolCPP

I wouldn't put much hope on intel's next gen, in the end it's ice lake backported to 14nm + xe Graphics. And we've seen the performance gains arent that great compared to Skylake, and that was with a node shrink.

Wildcard

With regards to the aforementioned benchmark results. What was the core clock of the Intel processors? Thanks.

Alan Saldanha

Well RocketLake S is the product to compare Ryzen 5000 desktop processors with. Correct me if I am wrong.

Jay_2020

Intel's goose is well and truly cooked!
No company deserved to be kicked in the nuts more than Intel. They along with MS had been gouging the world at large with their hegemony. RIP Intel !!

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Execrable on November 02, 2020, 02:12:30
but Intel's 11th gen is not out yet, you can compare intel's current gen to AMD's next gen. You can only take the crown when both CPUs are out and you still win. Just like Nvidia couldn't take the crown when their GPUs released
IMHO, the game of crowns :D will not hold for much long. Intel did say double digit % IPC with RKL, but that can mean anywhere between 10 to 99%. Truth be told, if it were really close to 20%, it would have been heavily advertised by now. Even if RKL does regain lost ground, we are now at a point where I feel the argument of using Intel CPUs for gaming comparisons may not hold much weight. Again, this is just my personal understanding.

lastguytom

The Rabbit was not paying attention to the Turtle,the little end engine that could did it. Face it Intel, you tick toK and 4 cored your way with FILL-IN-THE BLANK -LAKE OBSCURITY.  QUICK SYNC AND AVX512 EXCUSES WILL NOT WORK anymore
.AMD is the fast all around CPU. more cores,run cooler uses less power both in desktop and MOBILE. Use Your money to manipulate ads and reviewers. Your stock tells the truth 16% and 11% drop. Long live the king. A Red dawn will rise Nov 5th, 2020

rs

Quote from: Execrable on November 02, 2020, 02:12:30
You could have said the same about Zen 3 in mid 2020 when Intel's 10th gen became available. ^^ Intel's 11th gen is expected to be available in 6 months or so. Nobody is waiting for it. All they can offer for the upcoming months is 10th gen. So, it has to face the competition. And Intel loses its last strength, gaming.

rs

Quote from: Alan Saldanha on November 02, 2020, 05:21:20
Well RocketLake S is the product to compare Ryzen 5000 desktop processors with. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are at least partially wrong. Both companies have different product cycles at the moment. Half of its lifetime Ryzen 5000 will be competition to Comet Lake. The other half will compete against Rocket Late. But there are also rumors about a Zen 3 refresh (Warhol) coming next year. That could be competition to Rocket Late as well.

Dan Niemeyer

AMD's boosted clock versus off-the-shelf Intel's 10th generation processor. Let's see a more fair comparison-max out or overclock Intel and then put it against your AMD boosted clock version. Intel will smoke AMD

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview