News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Zen 3 benchmarks leak, 11% faster than the Intel Core i9-10900K

Started by Redaktion, October 27, 2020, 06:07:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The CPU-Z benchmark results for the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Zen 3 are out and everything looks impressive: 11% faster than the Intel Core i9-10900K and 25% faster than the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X in single-core, as well as 10% slower than the Core i9-10900K and 17% faster than the Ryzen 7 3800XT when all cores are being used.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-Zen-3-benchmarks-leak-11-faster-than-the-Intel-Core-i9-10900K.499440.0.html

Killer007

Very impressive indeed. Considering the top single core results from Intel are coming with boost clocks of 5.2+ GHz and they still get beaten by more than 10% margin. You slept too much Intel, you deserve this all the way.

Yared

Quote from: Killer007 on October 27, 2020, 09:11:12
Very impressive indeed. Considering the top single core results from Intel are coming with boost clocks of 5.2+ GHz and they still get beaten by more than 10% margin. You slept too much Intel, you deserve this all the way.

Yeah the IPC on zen chips is just great and I can only see it getting better with time. As for what you said about Intel, I don't think I could have said it better myself had I tried. Lack of innovation in the past after they got comfortable with the Core I series really came to bite them in the a** and I can't for the life of me see how rocket lake will save them at this point with how late it will be when it arrives.

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: John Lim on October 27, 2020, 09:47:15
Can intel fight back with Rocket Lake to be launched in 1Q 2021?
Good question! My personal opinion on this is that Intel MIGHT be able to match it, but not clock-for-clock and core-for-core.

rs

Let's see if CPU-Z developers can find another patch to "mysteriously" downgrade AMD performance like they did from version 1.78 to 1.79. ^^

RioMyst

If they can get that kind of result on 5800x whilst using a mere 2348CL17 memory, then can we expect more perf when paired with faster memory? Or is Zen 3 not as memory-speed-dependant as its predecessor?

DreamCore

Why was it tested with this slow RAM? You're supposed to run with 3600Mhz or if the leaks are correct 4000Mhz. Ryzen scales much better with memory, so doing a test with slow RAM is quite missleading..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview