News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung’s next-gen OLED panels could upgrade to five-figure pixel densities

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2020, 23:49:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new development in OLED technology could result in ultra-high-resolution displays, thanks to the latest developments in increasingly thin, effective solar panels. It involves cutting-edge physics that could be relevant to both fields, which feature in a new paper co-written by R&D scientists at Samsung.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-s-next-gen-OLED-panels-could-upgrade-to-five-figure-pixel-densities.499413.0.html

vertigo

So I wonder if having so many more pixels would cause a significantly higher power drain and, if so, if that would be balanced by requiring less backlight for the same brightness level. The extra brightness, both for better usability in direct sunlight and potentially improved power efficiency, is what intrigues me the most about this, though the idea of cheaper displays is exciting as well. I just hope this actually pans out and doesn't become yet another one of those technology discoveries you hear about once and never again.

Moonshot

Great work! This is how breakthrough research is done to invent new technologies..unlike companies like BOE & TCL, who just..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview