News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Apple iPhone 12 series is not only more expensive in Europe with slower 5G, but it is also uglier

Started by Redaktion, October 22, 2020, 23:09:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple may be expected to sell tens of millions of iPhone 12 units between now and next September or October, but the company has made a rather strange design decision for European models. Sadly, it has made the iPhone 12 a bit uglier in Europe than it is in the US, although it is unclear why Apple has done so.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Apple-iPhone-12-series-is-not-only-more-expensive-in-Europe-with-slower-5G-but-it-is-also-uglier.498967.0.html

vertigo

They may have simply thought it would look cool (oooh, laser engravings!), or it's just as possible it's an FU to the EU for requiring it (not bashing the EU for that, just saying Apple may simply be displaying their unhappiness with all the rules). Of course, it doesn't matter, because devout Apple owners will rush out to buy it as always.

john mon

Rasisri

I think these people have little else to write than all these brainless stuff. Tell me who looks at the sides and how do these engravings make the phone ugly?  >:( >:(

Rob6263

Is it just me, or are the new iPhones almost the same in design as my old iPhone 4s? Wasn't the design of the iPhone 6 etc more streamlined and groundbreaking according to Apple? Why go back?

Jonah

There you go with a nice click-bait title Notebookcheck. 
Other than people who have OCD etc, I don't think anyone else is gonna care.

iphone 12 4G

Qualcomm-sourced second-gen Snapdragon X55 5G-capable modem fabricated on a 7 nm node; NOT the third-gen Snapdragon X60 modem fabricated on a 5 nm node.

S.Yu

I think it's fine, and it's not even that noticeable compared to some solutions on the back because it's small and seems to be more shallow. The engravings beneath the glass on my backup S6E take up about 3 times the area, with an additional "0618"(if it's supposed to be informative to the consumer, I have no idea what that means), exclamation mark, and three lines of fine print aside from "CE" and the crossed out trash can. Apple's is quite minimalist in comparison.
Quote from: Jonah on October 23, 2020, 07:52:25
There you go with a nice click-bait title Notebookcheck. 
Other than people who have OCD etc, I don't think anyone else is gonna care.
You mean very specific OCD, not even most OCD will care :)
Quote from: Rob6263 on October 23, 2020, 07:23:06
Wasn't the design of the iPhone 6 etc more streamlined and groundbreaking according to Apple?
Interesting, I don't remember how Apple tried to sell 6 but I've been a dissenter from the launch of 6 to this day, I regard this design to be "back on track" while 6 was "an unfortunate detour".

johnq

vertigo

It's also possible this was done to avoid weakening the glass by engraving. I doubt that really makes much difference, but I suppose it's possible.

Quote from: Rob6263 on October 23, 2020, 07:23:06
Is it just me, or are the new iPhones almost the same in design as my old iPhone 4s? Wasn't the design of the iPhone 6 etc more streamlined and groundbreaking according to Apple? Why go back?

Could be they're going for a "retro" look or just something different. Have to change it up to keep it from being boring, but only so many different ways to design a flat slab of glass and metal.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview