News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

5G may cost up to 20% battery life on the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro

Started by Redaktion, October 21, 2020, 22:47:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It may now be possible to connect to 5G networks on an iPhone, but it will cost you in battery life. Enabling 5G can cut battery life by up to 20% based on initial findings, meaning that you may need to recharge the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro before the end of the day.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/5G-may-cost-up-to-20-battery-life-on-the-iPhone-12-and-iPhone-12-Pro.498841.0.html

S.Yu

Yup, not surprising. And some 5G shills still cite the theoretical value that 5G is "over 200x more efficient" than 4G.
Of course, Apple cutting the battery size cuts battery life too.

Gigaboly

It doesnt matter, people will buying it whatsoever, who cares the battery life, it can have 2hrs...

Lulzi

As long 5G can be entirely deactivated in the data/radio settings, I am fine. I don't need more than good LTE coverage on my 15GB Vodafone contract.

S.Yu

Quote from: Lulzi on October 26, 2020, 10:22:52
As long 5G can be entirely deactivated in the data/radio settings, I am fine. I don't need more than good LTE coverage on my 15GB Vodafone contract.
Largely, yes, only that useless 5G support probably accounts for $100-200 of the retail price, if you're willing to swallow that, then totally.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview