News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2-in-1 with 11th gen Core i5-1135G7 now available for $650 USD, is probably the least expensive Tiger Lake laptop at launch

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2020, 23:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell is slashing $50 off the price of its latest entry-level convertible laptop equipped with the Core i5-1135G7 processor and integrated Iris Xe graphics for a final tally of $650 before taxes. However, we recommend upgrading the touchscreen to 1080p or else you'd be stuck with only 768p.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-14-5000-2-in-1-with-11th-gen-Core-i5-1135G7-now-available-for-650-USD-is-probably-the-least-expensive-Tiger-Lake-laptop-at-launch.498574.0.html

kek

The big news here is that Tiger Lake can be used with non-soldered ram, so all is cool now.

Now lets wait for Latitude refresh

rektide

I could be wrong, but three different times I've tried to look at whether this laptop supports the USB4 capabilities that Intel's latest chip has built in.

From what I have turned up, it does not.

Intel releases this new chip. It provides:
* a decent boost in architecture, some good wins
* finally has a non-suck GPU!!!!!!!! it's pretty decent! don't need to insult it & smear it's name any more! nice!!
* HAS A BRAND NEW AMAZING CONNECTIVITY BUILT ON TO THE CHIP!!!!!!!!! dual Thunderbolt4 ports, 2 x 40Gbps are basically FREE to upt on computers! HOLY FREAKING HAY WOW!!!

For some reason, this laptop adopts the new core's better cpu, better gpu, but ignores the almost free capability the cpu has to do amazing fantastic connectivity to other systems & peripherals. It ignores the one brand new interesting thing that comes near to free from the latest CPU? Why? Is there a single other Tiger Lake laptop that doesn't expose the onboard USB4 ports? Or just this weird janky Dell? Cause uh, you're missing the good stuff Dell? Why would you do that?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview