News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei Watch Fit or Honor Watch ES? The smartwatch review shows more differences than expected

Started by Redaktion, October 17, 2020, 00:36:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Who expects something like that? The Honor Watch ES supports outdoor cycling only when connected to a smartphone from Honor or Huawei. We discovered even more curiosities - but also took a look at the new fitness workout that makes the two wearables something special throughout the company.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-Watch-Fit-or-Honor-Watch-ES-The-smartwatch-review-shows-more-differences-than-expected.498171.0.html

mrfroid

At first I thought that the differences between the two are only in colours and GPS, but it looks like Huawei will try to keep some distance from Honor sibling (also in the future through firmware updates). Couldn't find Huawei mentioning different versions (plastic vs metal) of Watch Fit though...

Still, my biggest complain for this (Huawei Watch Fit) mostly activity tracker is how it tracks your activities. If I don't turn on outdoor cycling as workout (because surprise, surprise, sometimes people are just casually cycling here and there) your watch won't see it. Few days ago I cycled between my work, supermarket and home, only walking for a few minutes inside the buildings and my watch says 7075 steps/5.35 km in... 0 minutes. Google Fit from my phone, no problem indicates all of the activities correctly.

Usual problems with sleep tracking like showing that you woke up once when you know it's been twice or even three times so not sure how can you believe in what it says about REM sleep, deep sleep, etc.

Not sure about 95-96 workout modes as there's no mentioning of how they came up with them. Each more or less calculates the same thing so it might be it's just for fun and categorisation of your activities.

Otherwise it's comfortable, nice and fun so probably I'll wait for a few firmware updates or until something better is released and if the problems are not fixes I'll return Huawei watch.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview