News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The OnePlus 7 series will not receive Android 11 or OxygenOS 11 until 2021

Started by Redaktion, October 12, 2020, 17:51:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The OnePlus 7 series only launched last year, but the devices have reputedly been relegated to second-tier software support. While the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro have already received Android 11, the new version of OxygenOS will not be arriving on the OnePlus 7 series until 2021.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-OnePlus-7-series-will-not-receive-Android-11-or-OxygenOS-11-until-2021.497770.0.html

Stan Gurule

I have the OnePlus 7 pro 5G . We didn't get Android 10 till 2020 which was way later than others. Oneplus needs to focus on updating the phones they have  more than worry about releasing another phone every few months! On top of all that the 5G doesn't mean s*** because its not even compatible since the merge .

Dube

Just think about how is one plus 7 pro owners who got it through t-mobile feel. T-mobile has the worst update frequency ever. My samsung tab s4 just got Android. 10 3 days ago. My op7 pro got an update the other day and the security patch is from August. I'll never buy a t-mobile branded phone ever again!

Alexxxx

I want to say that I did not see this coming. But I sort of did. I expected them to prioritize the new OnePlus nord over devices that are at least 1 year old. What I did not expect was a 2021 release. I wonder when will the other phones get it then? June? July? ( and by others I mean 6/6T)

Terry

>:( >:(
One plus sucks. They broken google meet over 6 months. Still don't fix their f*** up. I will never buy anything from them. Google oneplus meet workprofile see their bs support.

Eng_Alv90

Quote from: Dube on October 13, 2020, 05:13:37
Just think about how is one plus 7 pro owners who got it through t-mobile feel. T-mobile has the worst update frequency ever. My samsung tab s4 just got Android. 10 3 days ago. My op7 pro got an update the other day and the security patch is from August. I'll never buy a t-mobile branded phone ever again!

The first thing I did after getting my OnePlus 7 Pro from T-Mobile was to flash the International FW. Truth to be told, the updates are not much better than T-Mobile's. Yes, I received Android 10 on October, but security updates are sent on a quarterly basis and I always receive them with the previous month's security patch.

I was very spoiled with Samsung's monthly updates for at least three years and although OS updates took longer than OP, I see no reason to stay wih OnePlus now that Samsung upped their game with 3  OS updates and 4 years of Security patches. I think I'm going back with the company that offers better support despite having an overwhelmengly larger lineup than OP

DeDeDa

OnePlus 7 pro is probably my last OnePlus phone. I pay premium to be able to get a good phone with near stock Android and frequently updated software.

If they can't deliver on this anymore then it's time to move back to Pixel.

Pipould

Quote from: DeDeDa on October 14, 2020, 04:48:53
OnePlus 7 pro is probably my last OnePlus phone. I pay premium to be able to get a good phone with near stock Android and frequently updated software.

If they can't deliver on this anymore then it's time to move back to Pixel.

Indeed, I had LG V30, Mi8 and no OP7, bought it thinking SW wouldn't be an issue... I see that V30 got some update by miracle, Mi8 is fairly well supported for its age and the OP7 (bought 450 euros) is average or below when it comes to the "Software updates to price ratio"... Very little new features, slow release of security patches...

Nickolai

I won't buy another phone from oneplus. I hope that they are different than all other, but they are just more of the same. More own UI, less pure Android and less frequent updates. They are going in the Sams ung direction, but not with me.

Daniel Miller

If you want to buy the new Oneplus 8t, in the forum they said that on oneplus-voucher. com you can get a coupon/voucher to get it a bit cheaper. Worked for me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview