News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 runs hotter than the Xbox Series X with the PS5 peaking at 65 °C/149 °F according to unconfirmed report

Started by Redaktion, October 11, 2020, 08:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Estimated and peak temperatures for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S that have been posted on Twitter allege that Sony's next-gen console will be the hottest device out of the three. According to the source, the PS5 could even reach a peak temperature of 65 °C/149 °F.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-runs-hotter-than-the-Xbox-Series-X-with-the-PS5-peaking-at-65-C-149-F-according-to-unconfirmed-report.497645.0.html

loldkdjf

Sure

According to Tom down the road their both going to be so hot the moon will explode.. you heard it here first folks. 👍

TruthIsThere

Gregory

Why? It's liquid metal. Metal cannot dry-out. Only pump out, as opposed to thermal pastes which are known to dry.

I've had alienware 17 R(5) 2013 with LM and after 5 years of usage it's still there. Same goes for my 17R5 from 2018.

Fred

Unconfirmed reports?
So basically fake news like most of your articles 😂

Only people that would have access to ps5 is sony

Stuart.

I'm no expert but I think this is heat that the heatsink has collected and that the console is pumping away. I reckon the components inside are cooler than that..hopefully.

kretel

mixedfish

This doesn't contradict early reports that the Xbox runs 'hotter'. The bin design is more open to contact so you would perceive it to be hotter to touch. The directs heat away from contact points so you think it runs cooler.

But being in the 60-70 degree range is perfect fine.

Sukhoi

so, AMD is putting their hardware on a timer by shipping something other than a AIO stock cooler with their CPUs? Both they and NV are forcing people into an upgrade cycle by setting their GPUs to have a target temperature in the 70s-80s?

L

@Sukhoi
What are you talking about?! Those cpu and gpu temperatures are perfectly fine, besides it's up to the console manufacturers to keep them cool, not AMD.
It's just another article about which console is "better".

Logic

30 days before release and Sony still hasn't sent out units to reviewers and tech channels. It's quite obvious they're hiding something LOL

Suxo

Right

This isn't even good fake news. 60-70c is as good as it gets for air cooled GPU/ CPU.

Definitely telling google not to show me any more stuff from this site.

Nick1967

65 is just ticking over inside a PC, after seeing the size of that ps5 heatsink and fan, I doubt 65 will make the ps5 sweat too much.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview