News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X: Xbox One owners want a PS5; major retailer reports massive pre-order gap; trending PS5 teardown video

Started by Redaktion, October 08, 2020, 11:51:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The official PS5 teardown video has just been released, and judging by the amount of views it has already accrued, there just seems to be no slowing down of the PS5 hype train. A report from a major UK retailer has simply added to the PlayStation 5's dominance in the perceived next-generation console competition.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-Xbox-One-owners-want-a-PS5-major-retailer-reports-massive-pre-order-gap-trending-PS5-teardown-video.496920.0.html

Valantar

Not surprising given Sony's massive mindshare advantage in Europe. Though interestingly, given that the PS4 outsold the XO(-/S/X) by ~2:1, the actual number of people considering switching should be roughly similar on both sides.

Ze444

Another day another biased journalism by pony media. Rather than demanding better better from their overlords (70$ cross gen false promise, no cross progression, horrible subscription service) they are busy in concocting lies and false propaganda about how Series X is doing proper hear circulation and noiseless operation like it is supposed to. This biased journalists supporting monopoly and anti-consumerism will be exposed publicly and deal with iron hands soon.

giltar

what a stupid article - these are preorders and both sold out within minutes. whoever had more available for sale sold more.

Krathor

I think this article is funny. I personally only watched the video because I wanted to see the internal components so I could understand as to why the console was so massive in size. Honestly I'm not too impressed with the console itself. I like both playstation and xbox, and usually end up getting both. But this generation I will be getting the xbox first. Where as I bout the ps4 first the last generation. Sony seems to be going backwards in transparency, which is pretty saddening.

HinesGuy

Seems as if we need to pull out the fact checkers after all of these Playstation leaning articles.
How about some unbiased news? Just the facts please.

Brock Ledford

The only reason I watched it was too see why the hell you would have to open the console to expand the storage. I haven't seen a less consumer in mind product design in a long time...

Chay

Wow this was a bad article. PS4 outsold Xbox 2 to 1 pretty much this gen. So let's use 120 mil vs 60 mil. 51% of Xbox owners are thinking about PS5 which is 30 mil based on these numbers. And 22% Sony owners thinking about the Xbox which is 26 mil. Shows there are a lot of people thinking about both.

And of course the PS5 video was more popular than the PS4 Pro video, a lot of people didnt even know about the pro. It was a mid cycle console...

Mark T

A lot of angry Xbox fanboys in the comments. Not surprising. I always buy the Xbox consoles(I have every generation), but last generation I also bought the ps4 and the ps4 pro.

I have to say the PS4 was better in almost every noticeable way. Mostly involving the community and exclusives. Microsoft all but murdered the Halo franchise. After that they really don't have anything to brag about.
Buying Bethesda may seem like a good move, but the last Bethesda games that came out were terrible.. fallout 4, fallout 76, ESO. So I'm not too excited about the acquisition.

All this to say, the PS5 is looking way more promising. 

Cupid Ivy

This has to be one of the dumbest articles I've read today. In the middle of a pandemic there nothing to do of course people are going to watch the year down video. And as for a Xbox setting a house on fire. The guy said it gets as hot as a Xbox OneX. But it's clear you didn't watch the whole video because your giving out false information. How about you wait for the systems to come out before you give your horrible opinion about them

Impybots

I'm amused by the exclusives she'll game. Microsoft has more exclusives than Sony by a large margin. I don't understand the fetish with separating the Xbox and Windows gaming platform they are now essentially the same more than ever. How many 1000s of games run on PC that Sony can't even touch. Add to that the threatened lawsuits over some of their 'exclusive' titles. It basically comes down to this... Microsoft is completely reinventing the gaming scene and Sony is clinging to a past vision. Everyone is too focused on the Bethesda game titles whilst completely forgetting that they had a demo of the single most compelling game streaming tech unveiled so far. That honestly is worth more than just a game studio. Microsoft may not win this specific battle, though it looks like they might, but I have to say that this 'war' looks just about over. As I recall Xbox has a few month head start in production as Sony was still working on their thermal solution based on that alone is it unreasonable to think there were straight up more Xbox preorders? That perhaps was rantish but I'm starting to be really upset with people dismissing one or the other system and we have no real performance numbers the launch games lists or if either console is readily available. That availability I think it's going to be the single biggest factor in winning this particular holiday skirmish.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview