News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

"Ampere shortage is not a real problem, it is a phenomenon to observe": NVIDIA CEO expects RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 shortages to last at least till early 2021

Started by Redaktion, October 06, 2020, 21:06:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang feels that Ampere card shortages may last till end of 2020 or even till early 2021. Huang anticipates that the combination of holidays and the "Ampere factor" will result in a busy Q4. However, he does not see this a problem but as a phenomenon that just needs to be observed.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ampere-shortage-is-not-a-real-problem-it-is-a-phenomenon-to-observe-NVIDIA-CEO-expects-RTX-3080-and-RTX-3090-shortages-to-last-at-least-till-early-2021.496782.0.html

Mate

What a blessing! We live now and can observe with delight and frustration that phenomenon  with chip shortages from nVidia and AMD.

Ginseng Huang

I worship Nvidia. There is no Ampere shortage, the current is fine. No issues with capacitors either, the charge is great.

Spunjji

To anyone who is still convinced this isn't at least in part a supply issue: I have a bridge to sell you, and let me tell you, it's the best bridge you'll ever buy.

His commentary on this reads like the rantings of Donald Trump. I find it astonishing that so many talented engineers can bring themselves to work for such a massive asshole. I guess he's the asshole with all the R&D funds, though...

Chris1192

I'll be interested to observe the "phenomenon" that will occur to Nvidia's market share if AMD's Big Navi cards are competitive at the mid-high range and don't suffer from a virtually non-existent supply.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview