News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 might have a secret weapon against the Samung Exynos 2100: ARM's latest X1 cores

Started by Redaktion, October 06, 2020, 16:13:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tipster @UniverseIce claims that only Qualcomm's Snapdragon 875 will be utilizing ARM's high-performance X1 cores this generation. This is bad news for Samsung fans, as it means that the Exynos 2100 might fall behind considerably in single-threaded performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-875-might-have-a-secret-weapon-against-the-Samung-Exynos-2100-ARM-s-latest-X1-cores.496860.0.html

S.Yu

About 10-15%, over A78, not a lot for a lot more area. It ultimately could depend on other factors but what's concerning for Samsung is they don't have a good track record over there either.

Yavuz

I don't care the performance of CPU anymore. Mid tier CPU's already have enough performance for everything. I need better battery life, cool running etc. After all i will not run Cinebench or Blender on my phone

Peet

I'm wondering why could Qualcomm has a secret weapon with 875?
I don't know if you know, that Samsung is producing both the chipsets.
Exynos & Qualcomm's 😄

Harshith

Except mediatek, huawei and apple all other chip manufacturers have access to x1 cores.., in the recent benchmark Samsung's 2100 scores more than sd 875.

vtdsz

That's FAKE NEWS
I found this at the ARM website in my search for Cortex X-1
...""Samsung and Arm have a strong technology partnership and we are very excited to see the new direction Arm is taking with the Cortex-X Custom program, enabling innovation in the Android ecosystem for next-gen user experiences."

Joonseok Kim, VP of SoC design team at Samsung Electronics..."

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview