News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 official performance figures confirm 60% advantage over the RTX 2070 and a consistent uplift from the RTX 2080 Ti

Started by Redaktion, October 03, 2020, 15:57:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NVIDIA has published initial performance figures for the GeForce RTX 3070, which will arrive on October 29. The Ampere card is apparently over 60% faster than the RTX 2070 in mixed applications and around 8% more powerful than the RTX 2080 Ti.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3070-official-performance-figures-confirm-60-advantage-over-the-RTX-2070-and-a-consistent-uplift-from-the-RTX-2080-Ti.496570.0.html

Spunjji

Until we know the resolutions and settings they tested at, this tells us very little. As it stands, I trust Galax to be more honest about this than Nvidia - we already know Nvidia were being *extremely* creative with their "up to 2x as fast" claims for the 3080.

My best guess: These are 4K/Ultra results, with accordingly dismal absolute frame-rates. We already know that Ampere can't hit its stride at lower resolutions and detail settings.

I'd be willing to bet that at 1080p at least - and probably also 1440p - the 3070 will struggle to outperform the 2080Ti, likely coming in second on average, hence Galax's positioning.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview