News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook 14 UX425E Review: 11th Gen Core i7 "Tiger Lake" Debut

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2020, 15:02:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus will be one of the first major OEMs to launch a family of Tiger Lake laptop this October. We test the upcoming ZenBook 14 UX425EA equipped with the Core i7-1165G7 to see how it compares to the rising popularity of AMD Ryzen alternatives.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-14-UX425E-Review-11th-Gen-Core-i7-Tiger-Lake-Debut.495286.0.html

Andréh30

Another week review, the lpddr4 ram do not operates faster than 3200 is much slower something like 2133mhz you should learn about that, and strong gpu performance? only for 3dmark in games is really bad, garbage drivers

Notedbuch

It doesn't compare in value against the Ryzen 5 version of this notebook.

Too expensive and mixed results in performance.

The processor doesn't deliver consistent performance to justify the price or change.

There is a NVIDIA MX350 version that gives the plus of CUDA technology if you require it.

Mark S.

I can't stop  ;D ;D ;D. What was that Intel 28W Tiger Lake preview? The performance uplift from 3 year old i7 8550u is like 20-25% in the finished products, also Zenbook Flip and Swift 5. What was the big deal? Just some pedestrian iGPU improvement? Remember, the HD620 has been around for over 4 years....

Mate

Disappointing, high-end Intel CPU can compete only with low-end Ryzen 4300u.

john30092020

Intel's Zen moment? If AMD's Zen moment was like Tiger Lake, it would have gone bankrupt by now.

Keep promoting Intel.

STOP45%NTSC

Maybe they shouldn't have packed the cpu with so much iGPU and just added some four fucking cores

dsadasdas

Quote from: STOP45%NTSC on September 30, 2020, 23:51:19
Maybe they shouldn't have packed the cpu with so much iGPU and just added some four fucking cores
While I agree that more than 4 cores would be a good idea, why exactly do you need more than 4 cores in this product?

Zulny R

Quote from: dsadasdas on October 01, 2020, 12:41:41
Quote from: STOP45%NTSC on September 30, 2020, 23:51:19
While I agree that more than 4 cores would be a good idea, why exactly do you need more than 4 cores in this product?

Because at this price you can get 8 core from AMD. If you dont need more than 4 core, there are ryzen 3 with cheaper price. Why should you buy 4 core at price of 8 core?

S.Yu

Hmm, rated as a multimedia, but this actually counts as ultraportable doesn't it?

Sin2x

Spunjji

That weird sensation where you watch the Asus device get absolutely stuffed by the AMD-based Yoga Slim 7 in application performance, noise levels, chassis rigidity, speaker quality, and especially gaming performance / stability... and then the end result only has a difference of 1%. The Asus barely scratches out a win for battery life - albeit at a point where it's already more than good enough - and weight - which, again, isn't really a problem... oh, and the SD reader. Really cutting-edge stuff.

But it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, because reasons. Apparently this is the new normal.

Bollocks to that. I'll keep coming here to read your reviews for the detail, but the final rating might as well not exist for all the use it is.

doa379

We're seeing a flurry at the moment in the electronic consumables market. Are these products the result of working from home? Looks to me very much like Beta testing hardware products at retail prices. Perhaps this's how the fickle consumer wants it.

gkc

Hi,
In the review you say that there are no adaptive sync options. However, according to Intel, the Irix X Graphic card should be compatible with adaptive-sync via displayport cable. If you plug a displayport through the USB-C 3.2, shouldn't it work with an adaptive-sync monitor?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview