News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Zephyrus S15 GX502L laptop in review: Gaming laptop updated to Comet Lake

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2020, 02:40:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Not only does the slim Zephyrus S15 from Asus come with improved hardware in the new edition, but it now also features a 300 Hz panel. In our review, we'll clarify how well this works in combination with the built-in Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-S15-GX502L-laptop-in-review-Gaming-laptop-updated-to-Comet-Lake.496133.0.html

Worldliner

Seems like you tested its battery life in discrete graphic mode. You should switch to integrated graphic mode instead when you do so, I believe.

Jason Force

The included thunderbolt 3, power delivery are enough to push this over the last gen for me. Type c charging when you are just using it for media consumption on the go. Powerful gaming machine at home. Battery life is a non issue with how easily accessible type c charging is nowadays.

I own the 2080 super version of this laptop and I have to say it is quite enjoyable to use and a beast of a machine.

LHPSU

Quote from: Worldliner on September 30, 2020, 04:57:54
Seems like you tested its battery life in discrete graphic mode. You should switch to integrated graphic mode instead when you do so, I believe.
I think it's kind of complicated with these 300 Hz laptops, where you have to manually set them to 60 Hz in order to get Optimus to work, and there are some cases where you can't even do that.

Which is a really stupid price to pay for what's not even an incremental upgrade, when you can just stick with 240 Hz and have Optimus work normally.

anon

I'm typing this on a GU502GW, the last version which has an RTX 2070 max-Q and 9750H.

The ability of a powerful laptop to charge over type-C was the differentiating factor for me when I picked this one up. Last year I complained a bit on notebookcheck that this laptop wasn't brought to my attention sooner!

Since then I can only name the Razer Blade 15 (the highest tier Pro version) as another laptop that has both a good GPU and type-C charging.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview