News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zen 3 Vermeer could finally end AMD's woes in gaming: Ryzen 7 5800X is 17% faster than the Core i9-10900K in AoTS at 4K and 60% faster than the Ryzen 7 3800X at 1080p

Started by Redaktion, September 29, 2020, 17:25:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Initial Ashes of the Singularity benchmark leaks show the upcoming AMD Ryzen 7 5800X offering excellent performance gains over both the Ryzen 7 3800X and the Intel Core i9-10900K. The results indicate that Zen 3 Vermeer may alleviate a lot of the CPU bottlenecking concerns that have plagued AMD processors to date.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zen-3-Vermeer-could-finally-end-AMD-s-woes-in-gaming-Ryzen-7-5800X-is-17-faster-than-the-Core-i9-10900K-in-AoTS-at-4K-and-60-faster-than-the-Ryzen-7-3800X-at-1080p.495806.0.html

Mazyar Aman

deksman2

Quote from: Mazyar Aman on October 01, 2020, 09:42:10
"AMD's woes"? "...finally ends"?
I don't think Zen 2 was struggling in the gaming section.

I agree.
Zen uArch offers more than enough power in terms of gaming performance as far as I'm concerned... also, in various games, Zen 2 and existing Intel CPU's are actually evenly matched.
Intel only has the advantage due to operating on much higher clocks, but Zen 2 has higher IPC (which is why in most situations it gets really close to Intel with lower clocks).

At any rate, Intel's 'advantage in games' (if it happens) is minor at best... 6-10% on average... which is quite literally nothing extraordinary... and AMD beats Intel in multi-threaded tasks easily with much lower power draw to boot.

I think this misguided 'woes' argument is directed at the general misinformation that AMD is generally inferior to Intel in gaming... but people completely fail to understand that at same clocks, AMD easily beats Intel by a good margin... and is far more efficient in the process.

Context is apparently that many people lack these days.

Astar

It's stupid writers and websites like these that perpetuate wrong news and do a huge disservice to ignorant consumers. What kind of idiot writer can be so irresponsible to write this rubbish - consumers depend on what they read!

AMD Zen 2 CPUs/APUs have already beaten Intel CPUs on all metrics. The only reason Intel CPUs can even sell at all is because they are heavily overclocked to run at very high clockspeeds, which is why they run so HOT and CONSUME SO MUCH MORE ELECTRICITY than AMD's CPUs!!!

That's like saying - if a car by GM is the same size, shape, capacity and utility as a Toyota but uses twice as much petrol as the latter to travel the same distance at a given speed - it goes without saying that it is crap.

If there are stupid people who don't understand that, I understand. But not from any writers from a website that claims to offer technical info about notebooks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview