News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First PC with a foldable screen: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold is pre-orderable now

Started by Redaktion, September 29, 2020, 12:01:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It took longer than originally announced, but the first PC with a foldable screen is finally hitting the market: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold may usher in a new category of mobile PCs - even if it probably will not break sales records.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-PC-with-a-foldable-screen-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Fold-is-pre-orderable-now.495125.0.html

Dan Ridenhour

Fantastic...  finally a PCwith a 4:3 display...  I've missed them for a couple decades now since the world decided the best use of a computers processing power was playing cat videos.    A windows 4:3 display tablet, even better.. 4:3 aspect is ideal for tablets and apple shouldn't have a monopoly on an aspect ratio.  Wrapped in a multi-thousand dollar foldable screen with tech that will likely be vastly outdated in the next 12-18 months...   guess I'll pass.     Now Lenovo.... drop a 300 nit 4:3 aspect ratio screen on your new E series for under a grand and I'm there.

Dorby

300 nits display seems pretty dim for a premium 2-in-1 laptop presumably designed with outdoor and mobile usage in mind. Lenovo should have made that OLED screen at least 600 nits, since the device clearly competing with other premium 2-in-1 category and tablets like the Surface and Ipad Pro.

Also only 8GB of memory and no expandable storage in either micro-SD or SSD form isn't very smart considering that price. The Fold gimmick better be worth the money for whoever buys this.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview