News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Hands-on: Can Samsung's 11-inch Galaxy Tab S7 carve a slice out of Apple's iPad Pro pie?

Started by Redaktion, September 27, 2020, 13:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung is back with its latest attempt to take on Apple's 11-inch iPad Pro with the new 11-inch Galaxy Tab S7. The company has loaded the tablet up with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865+ and a 120 Hz display - does it have what it takes to make a splash?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Hands-on-Can-Samsung-s-11-inch-Galaxy-Tab-S7-carve-a-slice-out-of-Apple-s-iPad-Pro-pie.495776.0.html

Fondu

Competitiveness of the hardware is just part of the problem. I had several Samsung devices in the past and at least 2 were Galaxy Tabs. Consistently the long-term support isn't there. My Galaxy Tabs stopped receiving updates, major and minor and I was stuck on an old Android version until I sold the devices, even though the hardware was still very capable. My experience with iPads have been the opposite, the hardware was never a big selling point for the iPads as I didn't buy it for the specs (nor does Apple market by specs mainly). My iPads continue to receive software updates and optimizations. My iPad Air 2 has gone through 7 major generations of iOS (my Galaxy Tabs - 1).

So all this fancy hardware in the new Galaxy Tabs don't sway me. I can expect about 3-4 years in, and the support would diminish and stop. Then I'm stuck with whatever Android version the device last supported unless I want to spend my time to figure out what aftermarket versions work best on this device, which is a waste of my time as I don't enjoy that.

eric Kemp

I had several iPad devices in the past and at least 2 were iPad pros. Consistently the long-term support isn't there. My iPad pros stopped receiving updates, major and minor and I was stuck on an old iOS version until I sold the devices. My experience with Galaxy Tabs have been the opposite, the hardware was never a big selling point for the Galaxy Tabs as I didn't buy it for the specs. Now, my Galaxy Tabs are receiving software updates and optimizations.

So all this fancy hardware in the iPads don't sway me. I can expect about 3-4 years in, and the support would diminish and stop. Galaxy Tab is way to go these days.  I am going to ditch my iPad pro and switch to Galaxy.

Mark S.

Several iPad and Galaxy devices have had me in the past. Consistently the long-term support isn't there. I stopped receiving updates, major and minor and iOS and Android were stuck on me until I sold myself. My experience with myself has been the complete opposite, the hardware was never a big selling point for the Galaxy Tabs and iPads as they didn't buy me for the specs.

So iPads and Galaxy are not swayed by all this fancy hardware in me. They can expect about 3-4 years in, and the support would diminish and stop. I am way to go these days.  Ipad and Galaxy are going to ditch me and switch to my other self.

Digitalguy

Ke

The weight you wrote there was wrong!
The 11" s7 weights 498g. Your figure is most likely be the weight of s7+ or s7 plus case on.

Another guy

My Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (2014 model) - Went from Android 5 to 6 in 2016, that was the end of its support.

My iPad Air 2 (2014 model) - Went from iOS 9 to iOS 12, and with a future update for iPadOS 14.

That's my experience. Won't be buying Samsung until they sort out their support after sales.

Another guy

Quote from: Digitalguy on September 27, 2020, 19:19:06
What the hell are these first 3 comments. Is this a joke by the same person?

Several dogs device have had me in the past. Consistently the long-term support isn't there. I stopped receiving warm fuzzy hugs, daily greetings and licks. My experience with dead puppies have been the complete opposite, the hardware was never a big selling point for my pets as I didn't care for the specs, I chose them by looks and licks.

So I am not swayed by all this fancy hardware in modern dogs. They can expect about 3-4 years in, and the energy starts to drop. Dead pets are the way to go these days. They don't change on you, period.

Sentinel_Sam

Samsung tab just doesn't stand a chance. The Samsung tab is a tacky, low-quality device that doesn't measure up to anywhere near iPad and its performance is mediocre at best. Add to that Samsung's pathetic after-sales services. The only devices that can match up to the iPad's are Microsoft's Surface series devices.

Shonia

they are not even selling the 5G in 256GB, 8GB RAM configuration here in America. You just have to deal with the 128GB with 6GB Ram. If I cant have the bigger memory, i would rather get ipad.

Mark S.

Okay, one more.

I have read several Tech review websites like NBC and Anandtech in the past. Consistently the long-term trust isn't there. I stopped receiving unbiased reviews and correct evaluations until I purchased and experienced the devices myself. My experience with myself has been the complete opposite, the abracadabra was never a big selling point for these websites as they didn't impress me.

So I am not swayed by all this fancy reviews and hands-on on NBC and AT. One can expect about 3-4 weeks later the bias would switch to some other company. I am to trust my own judgement. iPad and Galaxy do not matter anyone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview