News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

70W NVIDIA Tesla T4 graphics could make Amazon Luna a poor fit for ninth-generation game streaming

Started by Redaktion, September 26, 2020, 11:53:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Amazon recently announced specs for its Luna game streaming service, which pairs an Intel Cascade Lake CPU with NVIDIA Tesla T4 graphics. While the T4 is based on the same TU104 GPU that powers the GeForce RTX 2080 Super, a measure 70W TDP could mean a poor 4K experience relative to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/70W-NVIDIA-Tesla-T4-graphics-could-make-Amazon-Luna-a-poor-fit-for-ninth-generation-game-streaming.495777.0.html

Jay Mcleod

I tried the Amazon T4 machines as a rendering device and found it sadly lacking and despite the specs, my 1650 super gets better render times.

Clement LB

Quote from: S.Yu on September 26, 2020, 19:19:27
Fanless? For gaming? For streaming???

The Tesla cards are meant to be used in rack mounted server chassis which have their own fans in front* of the GPUs to force air through (a significant amount, too). These won't be passively cooled.

(*) some chassis have the fan mounted on the outside, sucking air through 2 Tesla cards simultaneously.

Ginoize

Performance might not be ideal for 4k gaming, but will any of these services actually be playable at the high bandwidth demand of 4k? I think 1080p will be a better starting point for stream gaming.

S.Yu

Quote from: Clement LB on September 26, 2020, 20:00:55
Quote from: S.Yu on September 26, 2020, 19:19:27
Fanless? For gaming? For streaming???

The Tesla cards are meant to be used in rack mounted server chassis which have their own fans in front* of the GPUs to force air through (a significant amount, too). These won't be passively cooled.

(*) some chassis have the fan mounted on the outside, sucking air through 2 Tesla cards simultaneously.
I see, thanks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview