News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Renoir refresh incoming: AMD Ryzen 7 5700U APU spotted in Ashes of the Singularity benchmark, could feature Vega 11 iGPU

Started by Redaktion, September 24, 2020, 16:34:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While the CPU performance increase seems negligible on the new Ryzen 7 5700U models, the results mustered by the iGPU side certainly suggest that the Lucienne APUs could integrate Vega 11 chips, at least for the top-of-the-line models. These Lucienne APUs could be AMD's rushed response to Intel's Tiger Lake models that are just a bit faster than the previous AMD Renoir processors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Renoir-refresh-incoming-AMD-Ryzen-7-5700U-APU-spotted-in-Ashes-of-the-Singularity-benchmark-could-feature-Vega-11-iGPU.495161.0.html

Medallish

Looking at Renoir die shots, I don't think there are 11 CU's physically on it, and I don't think it would be merely a refresh if they added it to the die.

Anonym

Actually, there still is one area in which AMD is *significantly* behind Intel: they lack the proper docking connectivity that TB 3.0 provides (Intel certification may be at play), but the new USB 4.0 standard would solve that. While this may not be as important for the "run of the mill" consumer laptops, docking is critical in the professional market and their Ryzen Pro offerings.

This Renoir refresh makes lots of sense if they are working closely with ASMedia (their chipset OEM) to bring USB 4.0 to their Ryzen laptops -- it is the last killer blow they really needed to assert themselves in the professional laptop space.

xpclient

For current gen, Tiger Lake is lagging behind Ryzen 4000 in multi-core performance but leading in single-core, integrated graphics, video encoding/decoding (AV1) and of course, Intel has PCI Express 4.0 and Thunderbolt 3/4 so the overall value proposition for me hugely shifts towards Intel again (vs the disappointing Ice Lake). 5000 Renior laptop series has to address all of these.

8&8

Nah, this year i lost interest for APUs. from this month i won't read articles associated to these processors.  can be  disappear for me. they have destroyed the concept of APU, specially when they protect interests of their partners like Sony/Microsoft. Next rembrandt will be a GTX 1050 (maybe 1050 Ti) so to take place of a PS4. 10 years old VGA like GTX 780. has no sense play in 1080p in low settings, specially when a die size is only in 151  mm^2, and maybe will remain in the same size even if will be introduced X3D tech on 5nm. AMD enginner will find pleasure add each new gen a just +10/+15% of more perfs.

No thanks. Bye Bye APU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview