News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Envy x360 15 (2020) Review: Ryzen 5 with a bad performance utilization

Started by Redaktion, September 23, 2020, 18:04:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Envy offers a Ryzen 5-4500U APU, 16 GB of working memory (dual-channel mode), and an NVMe SSD. In addition, there is a very good battery life. Not only can the touchscreen be operated with finger input, but also with an input pen that is available separately.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Envy-x360-15-2020-Review-Ryzen-5-with-a-bad-performance-utilization.495019.0.html

DeepskyScorpion

calm tf down man

Quote from: STOP45%NTSC on September 24, 2020, 01:44:54
I thought the envy has a decent screen option...

f*** HP FOR USING HITLER TOUCHSCREEN

anything that's not 90 or 100% sRGB = made by hitler.

Calm tf down. There's an upgrade for 50 bucks that gives it 100% sRGB and is 400 nits. If you're buying this laptop, u can afford a 50 dollar upgrade.

what the hell

What I don't understand is that this laptop has a subwoofer, and those are made to produce bass and low frequency sounds, but in the testing it has "nearly no bass."
There are two reasons for this:
1) HP used the crappiest woofer in the world
2) You guys f***** up testing and it actually does have good bass

Can you guys retest to make sure that it doesn't have any bass?

Sigh

I've been reading these "Ryzen artificially throttled" articles for 3 years now. Come on.
When Intel make a less-than-perfect chip, it must be "another evidence of 14nm+++ process stagnation", as well as "a total rip-off".
But every time AMD put out a mediocore chip with a TDP that's WAY TOO ambitious, somehow it is always the cabbala of OEMs working against the underdog.
Look, it's not Dell's or HP's fault that ~25W parts get labeled 15W, and then fail to stay boosted for longer than 10 secs at a time. Ryzen's not a bad CPU, it's just hungrier than you wish it was. You've been lied too by the Asian semicon lady, live and learn. Enough with this schizo stuff already.

Laurie

Quote from: Sigh on September 26, 2020, 15:06:41
I've been reading these "Ryzen artificially throttled" articles for 3 years now. Come on.
When Intel make a less-than-perfect chip, it must be "another evidence of 14nm+++ process stagnation", as well as "a total rip-off".
But every time AMD put out a mediocore chip with a TDP that's WAY TOO ambitious, somehow it is always the cabbala of OEMs working against the underdog.
Look, it's not Dell's or HP's fault that ~25W parts get labeled 15W, and then fail to stay boosted for longer than 10 secs at a time. Ryzen's not a bad CPU, it's just hungrier than you wish it was. You've been lied too by the Asian semicon lady, live and learn. Enough with this schizo stuff already.

The reviewer didn't realize that selecting Performance power profile fully unlocks a 25W TDP. I know this because I own an Envy (13 inch Quad core i5 model) and it will throttle to 15W TDP on balanced profile, yet work at 25W when performance mode is selected for as long as you need it.

So a pretty bad review of a great laptop.

Jeremy

My girlfriend just got this laptop so I've got first hand experience with it.

The sound while watching videos seems very full. From this it seems that the bass is actually fine/good.

Besides that, my experience with the laptop is very consistent with this review.

I really appreciate Notebookcheck's reviews because they go into so much depth and provide information that I can't find anywhere else. Overall, very well done.

Rye

I had this laptop and the audio portion of this review seems way off. The built-in speakers are among the loudest and clearest I've ever had from any laptop. Much louder than then my Lg gram 2022, which in your testing says are much louder @ 89.9db. Something's weird here.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview