News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 4a smartphone in review: It's not about the megapixels

Started by Redaktion, September 23, 2020, 06:18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In the past, Google's Pixel smartphones have always had a couple of aspects to be criticized for. With the Pixel 4a, however, the points of criticism have been reduced to a minimum, and a budget smartphone has been created, which among other things, can shine with its excellent camera.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-4a-smartphone-in-review-It-s-not-about-the-megapixels.494895.0.html

Sin2x

I would say, one of the best if not _the_ best phone on the market today. Samsung was wrong to not produce a successor to S10e.

Korrekturleser

"the display flickers in a frequency range between 122.5 and 255.1 Hz depending on the brightness level, which could cause difficulties for users with sensitive eyes." reads the text part on PWM, but the PWM box lists only 255.1? Please add the lowest frequency to your database, because the is the one number I want to see for all phones which are interesting to me before buying a new one.

Stephen Marcus

I've been waiting for NotebookCheck's review. Thanks. Confirms what I thought. I do value the utilitarian Pixel line.  As a long time user of the Nexus and now Pixel line, the pure Android is the only way to go. I have a Xiaomi Note 10 bought because my Pixel 2 (still in daily use) needs a battery and the C port is not reliable anymore. The Xiaomi Note 10 convinced me that I don't need a flagship chip set, but the Note 10 also convinced me I need pure android . Why can't the other manufacturer's offer a pure Android? I would pay extra for it. Looking forward to a 4a, 4a 5g or a 5 in the near future if the virus don't git me! Thanks again for the review.

_MT_

Quote from: Stephen Marcus on September 24, 2020, 05:33:09
Why can't the other manufacturer's offer a pure Android? I would pay extra for it.
For one, Nokia only makes phones with pure Android. There are a few other models here and there; you can check out the Android One program. And just because you didn't like Xiaomi's UI (or update frequency or whatever), doesn't mean all customized Androids are bad. If you want Chinese, OnePlus has a good reputation when it comes to OS (simplicity, speed, updates).

Mike Gratis

Thanks for what is easily the most comprehensive Pixel 4a review I have seen!  I upgraded from my old Pixel XL to the 4a (previous to that had a Nexus 6P) and this is the best phone I've ever had, with the absolute best bang for the buck.  Not too long ago, you would have spent twice as much for a phone of this quality & performance.  As a side note, this phone is the *perfect* size.  I don't need to carry a small tablet in my pocket.    😉

davidm

Thank you as always for the excellent and consistent review. The only thing I would like to see is a test of the microphone. A good or bad mic makes a huge difference, enough to be a primary feature to choose one handset over another, for ordinary calls as well as emerging transcription services. My Pixel 2, which I will upgrade this year, has a decent mic, but it's not nearly as good as a current iPhone for capturing speech a few feet away. I'd really like to know how current Pixels rate in this regard.

John Penfold

Hi, thanks for that objective review. I am surprised you did not mention the night mode on the camera which for me is a real stand-out.

Jk

The pixel 4a has USF 2.1 not 2.0, as featured in your review. You should probably correct that.

J

The S10e successor is the s20 5G FE, in regards to price.... size it is a different story. However, I agree there should have be a successor to the S10e in size as well as price. I got it 4 months after launch for $200 off, it has been a great phone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview