News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

You can now play Super Mario 64 natively on Android, no emulator required

Started by Redaktion, September 22, 2020, 01:35:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A user on XDA Developers as packaged a tool that can create an APK of Super Mario 64 using an authentic ROM file. The APK is essentially an Android port of the popular platformer, but it requires users to compile the game themselves.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/You-can-now-play-Super-Mario-64-natively-on-Android-no-emulator-required.494930.0.html

anon

Quoteyou should only use a ROM file that you have dumped from your own personal cartridge

That statement is a bit silly, and I personally would say instead that copyright law is a currently in a mess.

I also am not convinced that the process is legal even when a person uses a ROM they dumped themselves. This relies on code which is from a reverse engineered copy of the game.

Cool nonetheless!

Dice

U mad, Nintendo? XD'

I still have my N64, but the amount of unpleasant graphics glitches you get on modern TVs is insane.
Sure, you can buy a Switch and a new copy of the game, but...
It's nice to see people putting in so much effort for such an old game. Not sure if this would really run better than if you just used an emulator though. :x

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview