News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple skips iOS 14.1 for some reason, seeds the iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 developer betas: Shazam integration in the control centre tops the feature list

Started by Redaktion, September 18, 2020, 14:20:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple recently seeded the developer demo for iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2, seemingly skipping over iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1. While we're not sure of the reason for the nomenclature change, iPadOS and iOS 14.2 both introduce minor updates, chief of which is better Shazam integration for music aficionados.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-skips-iOS-14-1-for-some-reason-seeds-the-iOS-14-2-and-iPadOS-14-2-developer-betas-Shazam-integration-in-the-control-centre-tops-the-feature-list.494634.0.html

Bravo Charlie

Between the surprise / no fanfare release of iOS 14 and skipping over 14.1 and numbering to 14.2, you can tell that their software engineering management is no longer "engineering".  And as iOS 14 was nearly 5GB when it downloaded to my iPhone, forcing my iPhone to remove apps to make room for it to just load, it has become morbidly obese. My 128K Mac still boots faster from floppy disk. I miss Apple Computer.

chick

Quote from: zoo on September 18, 2020, 15:33:16
Could be to appease the Chinese as they consider 141 to be highly unlucky.
I don't think it has something to do with Chinese, only the 4 is considered "unlucky", but majority of Chinese are atheists, they don't really care.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview