News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 pre-order bedlam pushes console prices past US$2,000 on eBay as Sony upsets fans to beat Microsoft to the punch

Started by Redaktion, September 17, 2020, 12:43:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

PlayStation 5 pre-ordering has become chaotic as fans desperately try to reserve one of Sony's next-gen consoles. While prices for the PS5 console have tipped past US$2,000 on eBay, some have been left wondering if Sony's pre-order plan was to simply beat Microsoft to the punch rather than give gamers ample warning time.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-pre-order-bedlam-pushes-console-prices-past-US-2-000-on-eBay-as-Sony-upsets-fans-to-beat-Microsoft-to-the-punch.494522.0.html

Superguy

Sony really dropped the ball on this and, really PO'ed a lot of people.

I don't see a reason why they needed to beat Microsoft to the punch on this. So what if pre-orders were made available before Xbox?  It's not like anyone's going to get theirs any sooner, as the launch day is 11/12.  MS launches Xbox on 11/10.  Regardless, Xbox launches first.

They also look like they took the most lenient definition of 9/17 they could - GMT.  Problem is Sony mentioned nothing about times.  They either lost control of the pre-order process, or weren't informed retailers were going to jump the gun. Either way, it reflects poorly on Sony.

Secondly, most retailers didn't honor their notifications when pre-order was available.  Best Buy was the only one of the majors I registered with that did.  I missed the email, so that's on me to miss out with them.  Doesn't excuse the others.

Thirdly, Sony executives were adamant that the pre-order process was going give plenty of warning about when pre-orders going to begin.  They didn't.

Fourthy, and most infuriating, is the fact that none of the vendors put 1 per customer limit on pre-orders.  Sony's doing it for their lottery.  Why couldn't they demand that retailers do that as well.  Now we have jerks hoarding them and trying to gouge people for up to $2000 for a PS5.  Absolutely unacceptable.

Microsoft is already capitalizing on this screw up.  I don't blame them.

Sony better do something to make this right.  They completely let down their customers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview