News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Huawei Mate 40 series, complete with 5nm 5G-capable processor, is apparently on the way

Started by Redaktion, September 16, 2020, 19:12:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei is currently thought to have a new flagship phablet series that may comprise the Mate 40 and Mate 40 Pro (at least) in the works. Now, one of the OEM's official Twitter channels has released a video indicating that they will definitely be released in the near future. A leaker postulates that this will take place in October 2020.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Huawei-Mate-40-series-complete-with-5nm-5G-capable-processor-is-apparently-on-the-way.494448.0.html

S.Yu

I've been thinking why they haven't tried to steal Apple's spotlight as they have for many years launching first, falsely claiming 1st place, but shipping late compared to Apple's SoC update on a new process. I can only think that they're trying to manipulate people. What numbers they got, whatever it is, as long as they launch it in a device, it means that it's enough for a launch. It's their ability to maintain stock that's hampered, not to make it to market in the first place, so why are they keeping quiet? They're probably just trying to stir resentment toward the US, laying back as the jingoists blame the delay on the ban for them, while the ban couldn't have caused the delay. I also speculate that the shipment date of the device will not be delayed as much as the launch date, if at all, so as to avoid actually hurting their own margins.

...Although, another possibility would be that they actually did encounter significant delays, regardless of ban or not, that pushes back the shipping date more than a month, and having shipped later than Apple every single time even they don't have the audacity to claim 1st place with an announcement before Apple with a further delay in shipment.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview